Frozen Fate | Teen Ink

Frozen Fate

February 24, 2010
By Ambie BRONZE, Millville, Pennsylvania
Ambie BRONZE, Millville, Pennsylvania
4 articles 0 photos 43 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If it can be dreamed, it can be done."


Past-It's the year 2390, and the two test children have been born. Scientists are running around and getting the cooling chambers ready. The scientists who came up with the whole Preservation idea, are getting their children ready to be given the Humanoid shot. The first screaming baby-Lola is getting her shot-the shot that will give her inhuman abilities, a tougher structure, and perfect looks-then the same is done to the other child-Liza. Once the shots were given, the cooling chambers were ready and the children were uncovered. When it was time, the two children were placed in there own cooling chamber and then frozen, until they couldn't scream any more. They were frozen solid, stuck inside giant ice cubes, and put to rest until the world needed them most-the new race of heroes.

40 years later- The world is slowly taking a turn for the worst. Technology has revolutionized the world and money is becoming scarce. The need for the Humanoid Children is becoming very clear now, but the time is not yet right. People run wild through the streets. A majority of the population is homeless from lack of money and the question regarding the defrosting of the Humanoid Children is becoming frequent-yet they were not acknowledged.

Present- It's the year 3012 and the world has gone to heck. 3/4ths of the world's population has been destroyed and overrun by the cruel antics of the government. Houses are burnt down-the roads and nature have been un-kept, to the point where wild animals run loose on the streets. The world is a jungle at this point-and the government has decided to defrost the Humanoid Children. Several days later, the remaining scientists came to Manhattan,New York to put forward the defrosting-5 woman and 3 men. They gathered in the Preservation room 300 feet underground-the only room that was untouched and unharmed. Two large ice cubes stood in the center of the room with the icy flames blasting on them to keep them cold. The two children could be seen through there icy containment centers. “How old are they,” one woman asked. “13 by the looks of it,” one of the scientists answered while looking through his notes. The woman pulled down a lever next to her that stopped the icy flames. The ice cubes began to defrost-slowly. About an hour later, the two children were defrosted completely and laying rock solid on the floor with permafrost covering there whole bodies. They didn't move a muscle. One of the woman scientists, went up to the one child and poked her shoulder. The child didn't move. “Uh...wait a minute...it says here that we are supposed to give them a waking shot...oh...here, I got it,” a male scientist said. He was wearing giant glasses and a long lab coat and he was showing everyone the shot. “Are you sure Jack,” the woman asked. “Yes...Yes, I am sure,” Jack answered back. “Good,” the woman said as she snatched it out of his hands and walked to the frozen girls. She knelt down next to the one closest to her and touched the girls icy skin. She cleared away a spot of icy shell and tried to force the needle of the shot into the girl's skin. It wouldn't go through. The woman pushed on the girls skin with the needle several times, until the needle finally went through. As soon as the shot was given to each of them, the twin children gasped for air and began shivering crazily. Two other scientists handed the one woman two blankets. When the warm blankets were layed on the children's cold skin, they convulsed. “Get the shockers,” the woman yelled to the other scientists. “Y-Yes mam,” Jack said as he ran and grabbed the shockers and handed them to the woman. Shockers were like metal shocking sticks that were used to revitalize someone. The woman shocked them both in the chest and the girls shot up and hid together in the corner-still shivering. “We're not going to hurt you,” the woman said calmly as she approached the children. “Que êtes-vous?” The children barked to the scientists in unison. “What language are they speaking,” the woman asked. “Uh...uh...French...I think...um...” Jack stammered. “Well say something back to them in French,” the woman yelled at him. “Uh...Quel est votre nom?” Jack asked the girls. “Quem é você?” the girls asked loudly. “Well...what are they saying,” the woman yelled at Jack. “I-I don't know, they keep talking in different languages...”Jack replied as he flipped through his notes, “uh...it says here that they will continue speaking in different languages until they take a liking to one of the languages.” The woman nodded then turned back to the babbling girls. After 30 long minutes later, the girls finally spoke in English-with a kind of British accent, “Who are you?” “We are scientists, we came to unfreeze you,” the woman scientist said as she carefully approached them. “Where are we? Who are we?” the girls asked. “You are in a containment center, do you know what your names are.” “Lola and Liza,” the girls said together. Now the girls looked perfectly defrosted, and they were perfect looking. They each had long brown hair and gray stormy eyes. They had tanned skin and flawless faces. “Ok, um...which one of you are Lola,” the woman asked the children. “I am Lola,” the girl to the left said. “Hi, I'm Doctor Oz,” the woman said as she stuck out a hand and Lola shook it nervously. “Now, you must be Liza,” Doctor Oz said as she shook the other girls hand. “Jack, get them some clothes and tags, now!” the woman said. “Yes ma'am,” Jack said as he ran out of the room and quickly came back with outfits for the children. Dr. Oz took the clothes and tags from him and gave each one to the children. “Um...ma'am, it says here that they need to be programed before we do anything,” Jack said. “How do we do that,” the Dr. asked? “um...it says that all you need to do is take a long mirror and place it in front of them...it's supposed to show them about everything from the time they were born to now.” “Ok, then let's go,” Dr. Oz ordered. Soon after, two long mirrors were carefully placed in front of the children. When the girls saw their reflections, every piece of information from when they were born till now, was flashing before their eyes-literally. Once they were full of information, they snapped to attention and stood still for 10 minutes until Lola spoke by herself, “my name is Lola, where is my mother?” They were now there own people.