No way out | Teen Ink

No way out

It starts in a room with two people named Jace and Sam, they find a mysterious mirror that is just laying there, and they wanna see how it looks so they flip it back up right.

It starts around midnight, when Jace is alone, the mirror starts to glow, and he starts to run down stairs and gets sam. They run upstairs and look at the mirror again, it’s still glowing. Sam asked, “is this even possible to be happening?”  Jace said, “nope it’s not even possible.” They see someone inside of the mirror and to their surprise something in the mirror looks like Jace.

When they see Jace in the mirror they get freaked out and run downstairs to the parents to tell them what they had seen, but when they all got back upstairs there wasn't even a mirror to speak of like it just went invisible. When the parents however left the mirror just showed up again right in front of their eyes. The mirror was more dangerous than it would seem.

After the mirror showed up again Jace was being pulled inside the mirror from the other him that was inside of it, to his surprise when he was pulled in there was someone else that didn’t look like him, he said his name was Jack. When they saw something in the distance they started running while Jack explained what was happening and where they were.The walls made it look as small as a closet. They could feel the ground as they ran.

Jack explained that the place wasn't actually connected to their world, that world was something dangerous. “That mirror is there because whatever is inside of it was hungry,” Jack explained.The Mirror seemed bigger than the world now, like there was no escape. It wasn’t anything normal, the mirror kept getting weirder and weirder. This thing that was following us was a type of monster that wouldn't stop until you were eaten, or you killed it.

There was only one time that the monster would stop attacking, and that was during the day when they left and you couldn’t find them, it would start attacking right when it hit 12pm during noon. Jace and Jack were struggling every day because they would run out of energy really fast, because the monsters were really fast, but it was way bigger than them so it wasn't as fast as you would think.

There was one area that the monster couldn't go to, it’s like a safe zone only for a certain period of time however. They couldn't stay there more than 20 minutes, or the monster would be able to go in there and start attacking them, after 20 minutes the room disappears and they start running. Jace said, “this feels more like a game than real life now.”

Jack and Jace may think there is one monster, but they were mistaken, and soon figured out that there were more monsters.They heard the roar of multiple coming in their direction. They started to get chased and their paths have been blocked in many directions, they now had to get out no matter what or they could find a way to survive with that many monsters. They had to find something to fight back, and there was. There was a bat hidden in a secret room that you had to figure a puzzle out and run from the monsters.

Jace decided that he would distract the monsters for a while then they could switch off to preserve energy and try to unlock the secret door. After they were trying to unlock it for around 2 hours now they got it open after switching numerous times. The door was another one of those safe zones, but this time it had a weapon, food, and some water. This room allowed them to rest for 1 hour more. After they rested  they had to run again.

They were able to protect themselves this time from the monsters, but they had to keep running because they couldn’t beat the monsters. They destroyed the bat when Jace swung at them. Jack was getting really tired at this point because they couldn’t find any more rooms so they could rest. The monsters were really on them at this point since they were tired. They couldn't do anything besides run and be scared. 

Sam who was on the other side was figuring some things out. He figured out he could put his hand through the mirror and try to help them out. sam said, “lets try and put some rope inside the mirror and see what happens.” When he put the rope in, Jace and Jack could see it, and they grabbed the rope. They both were pulled out of the mirror and didn't have to run from the monster until the mirror broke and the monsters were right in front of them. Jace said, what if this mirror was here to keep the monsters inside like a cage, trapped so none could get out. 

They all started running and they were yelling at the parents, saying RUN, RUN! There were monsters inside. They got out as fast as they could and what they saw when they went outside surprised them. Their were monsters roaming the streets everywhere, eating everything around, “was the world safe anymore,” Sam asked. The world was about to go to crap if these monsters kept this up, and roamed this world. Everything now seemed as dark as the night sky.

They had to keep running from the monsters, and made it to the next towns to see if there were monsters roaming around there as well, and there was. There seemed to have been way more than one mirror holding these monsters off. Everything has changed and we are going to have to try and fight against these monsters. Everywhere you looked you could see that people were dying everywhere. 

We kept running to find a place that didn't have any monsters nearby, which was the only place there was the mountains. Jace, Sam, Jack, and his parents built a place to stay for the night, at least until they could actually find a house or build one on a mountain. They would have to figure out how to beat these monsters. Each day they went out for adventures to use stealth and find supplies to use, like food and water. They had a few close ones with the monsters and almost got eaten a few times they went out.

One day Jack, and Jace went out for an adventure to find new tools, to try and beat the monsters. They came across a lot of monsters on the way and they had to fight one since they were blocking them off. They found a metal rod and were able to kill the one that was in there way. They ran and hid, but they didn't go too far so they could go back to experiment on the monsters. They found a core inside of them and a material that no one has ever seen before, that was on the corpse.

These monsters kept getting more and more dangerous, there wasnt really anyway to stop all of them at this point. They kept growing in numbers, there was almost no one left in the world. Even buildings were getting destroyed at this point. There was no stopping them atleast thats what they thought until Jack and Jace brought home something they didn't see before. It was one of the monsters corpses. They used the material from them and smelted it down to build something that had way more power than any monster could handle. Jaces face changed, he had an intense look on his face, wich may never change, he seemed ready to be over with everything. Jace said, “It’s payback time.”

They would try to save the world with the weapons that they made, they were able to make 5 of them, wich was the perfect amount since there were exactly 5 people there. They used all of the resources to be able to build them and make the ammunition it needed. They were able to destroy the ones that went near them. From than on they were able to build a nice home and be able to collect all of the supplies they needed for years. 

Everything was going to change, because they would go out everyday and kill them so no more would produce. Humanity won against the monsters and they were able to clear up the monsters, the only thing left to do was rebuild civilization back up until they were back on their feet again. They were able to flourish once again and become even more advanced with the monsters corpses, and their cores. Where they truly out of the mirror however, or was it just an illusion?

I would say that I really liked creating this story and I believe it turned out pretty well.