Demolishing Goals | Teen Ink

Demolishing Goals

October 3, 2022
By ellievb17 GOLD, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
ellievb17 GOLD, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In Bali, the water is blue and gray- almost smoky looking. Something was off, it wasn’t just water. Abe Lincoln stared in disbelief at the water color. The Red Sea is never red and will never be, it is always blue, just as the name suggests. Roger Federer, though, disagrees. He says it is as red as his tennis racquet. Sea turtles eat warm eggs and bacon as they contemplate their past breakfast choices. 21,0045 turtles yelling “¿Cómo te llamas?” at me as I try to tell them about my latest boy Zach. The damp, cold rainy weather brushes against his cheeks, leaving a beaming smile, as he waits for me to emerge from the water. Waiting for me to tell him that he belongs with me. An orca doesn’t brush the surface, and neither do I. Taylor Swift calls me sleezy, diminishing the confidence I held in my decision. I tell her it was only for the best, so I can chase my dream job of becoming a nurse practitioner. My sandals fill with sand, like the sadness fills my face, when bigfoot confronts me about calling it off. My grandma just tells me to continue to work hard until you demolish your goals, and to not care about what others think. 


The author's comments:

An attempt at writing the same style as the piece "Black Nikes"