Close Call | Teen Ink

Close Call

By lt0295874 BRONZE, Houston, Texas
lt0295874 BRONZE, Houston, Texas

The day is October 26, 1984, It's a little cloudy and looks like there is about to be a thunderstorm but the sky is weird due to the clouds and sky looking like the color red. Lionel Messi is at his house playing soccer with his friends Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar Jr in the backyard. It started to rain a little hard while they were playing but that didn't stop them from playing soccer so they kept on playing when all of a sudden they heard an explosion that looked like lightning. Neymar Jr points out the way the explosion happened. “Let's go check it out”, Lionel Messi says. “But wouldn't your mom get mad at us for leaving the house?”. “ No, it would be fast, we will be back in no time”, Lionel says. So they go check out the explosion but they get surprised when it's a big spaceship that they find. They go around it and go to the main entrance. “Neymar Go over there and open the door.”, says Lionel. “No way!, you go do it I'm not going to get close to that!. What if it's a bad guy that has a gun or something?!”. “You're overreacting, just stop acting like a little baby and go open it”. “Fine!”, says Neymar. So as Neymar takes steps closer his heart beats faster. Neymar Jr is scared to open the door, but refuses to chicken out. So as soon as he opens the door... BOOM!. A metal arm just pops out of the roof of the spaceship-like if it was a volcano erupting. “RUUUUN!!!”, said Cristiano. So all three boys go back to Lionel’s house and hide in his room. “What did we just witness?, said Neymar. “ I don't know if I'm hallucinating but I think I saw a robot arm pop out”, Cristiano says. “I'm with you too, I think that's what it was“, said Lionel, but as soon as they opened the door to go and tell their parents about it they saw that the robot was at the other side of the door of Lionel's room so they closed the door fast. While all of them are barricading the door to try and stop him from going into the room they hear a really deep voice talk. “Open the door and I won't hurt you”, said the robot. All three of the kids just stared at each other in surprise. “You can talk?”, said Lionel. “Yes kid, just open the door. I need help, I promise I won't hurt you and I will leave before your mom sees me and you get in trouble”, said the robot. So the kids start moving every object they used to block the door so they can open it and let the robot in the room but they are all still confused about what he wants from them. “Sorry if I scared all of you but I need to find my way back home. Many of my enemies are tracking me down and if I stay here longer than it will mean the earth will most likely be taken over by them in a matter of hours so I need you to tell me where mars is.” So the kids take out a book of astronomy their teachers gave them of the planets and the solar system and they start helping him out. “There! I need to get there and get back to my army” said the robot. “But I also need help rebuilding my spaceship. I know how to fix it but I don't have the materials, all I need is steel and some tools.”. “We can get you all those materials from the garage but if we give it to you then you will need to leave fast before the other robots come and before my mom sees you and I get in trouble..”, said Lionel. “Ok” said the robot. So they get to work, Lionel and his friends go to the garage running as fast as a lightning bolt and get all the exact materials. They follow the robot back to the spaceship. “You sure you don't need help”, said Lionel. “No I'm good kid, I can do it mysel-”. The robot was shook in surprise. He checked the radar to see if the other robots were close to the earth and they were 5 minutes away. “Nevermind the robots are 5 minutes away. I do need help so hurry up and come help me”. “What?! I thought you said that- “'Kid be quiet and just help me out, time is money!” said the robot. So they got to work. Neymar was helping fix the roof while of course being scared to fall since he was always scared, Cristiano was fixing the inside as fast as he is in the soccer field., Lionel was fixing the engine while helping his friends to motivate them to do it faster and the robot was supervising the radar to see how much time they have to fix the spaceship. "2 minutes!” said the robot. “Done!”, said Lionel. “Done!”, said Neymar. “Done!”, said Cristiano. “Good”. “The robots come in a minute”, said the robot. “So I guess this means goodbye.”, said Lionel. “Thank you for all of your amazing support kids, until next time!”. The End.

This book is related to the movie "Shazam!" and "Terminator. It's about a group of boys who are playing soccer when all of a sudden they hear a big boom in the far. So the boys go check it out and what they find out next is out of this world! What happens next?