The Cemetery | Teen Ink

The Cemetery

The air was crisp, and the wind was blowing the red touched leaves off their branches. I sat there on the bench in the middle of the tree dense park watching autumn's beauty, when a small black cat approached me. Scared that on halloween night teens might kill the cat, I scooped him up and smuggled him into my small 2nd floor apartment. Unprepared to be the mother of a cat, I do a quick run to the store to pick up some of the necessities. 

Upon my arrival home he ran up to me purring, wanting the delicious smelling food I just brought home for him. While he ate I opened the window and curled up on my bed beginning the long process of falling asleep. As I layed there waiting for sleep to take me, the little black cat jumped up and curled up on my chest. Where the cat laid slightly ached, but I didn’t care because for once I wasn’t alone. 

At around midnight I awoke to the sound of small feet walking on the window sill. I looked up to see the cat jump from the window onto a tree branch. Curious, I quickly got up and followed him. Unlike the cat, jumping from the window to the tree was a painful experience leaving me with skinned palms and feet. The cat then climbed down and I followed. I followed him through a pumpkin patch. While he ran gracefully through the patch, I was stuck doing weird dances to avoid tripping over pumpkins and vines. After that he led me to an apple orchard vast with ripe, ready to be picked apples. It took all my will not to steal one off one of the trees. Finally I was led through a cemetery where he stopped by a cript. I stood there seeing what he was going to do next, when a hand of bones reached out and petted him. My jaw dropped, what did I just see? I was now both completely terrified  and  curious. I approached the entrance to the cript and peered inside. What was inside was mind blowing, a cat cuddling with an actual real living skeleton. A skeleton that once was a living human now a living man of bones! I looked a second too long and the skeleton caught my gaze. He then opened his mouth and in a chilling quiet voice said, “you’re finally here”. 

Halloween is my favorite season by far, so I decided to write this cute small story that takes place around Halloween.