Undiscovered | Teen Ink

Undiscovered MAG

I am the world’s biggestprocrastinator but somehow I always manage to get things done. I am atalented manipulator. I have more scars than most and a good number arefrom scratching myself accidentally. I tripped over a mailbox in thirdgrade and skinned the left side of my face. I am a klutz and shouldnever be trusted with anything of great value. I can read a book in themiddle of a crowded room and not hear a sound, although I have horribleconcentration skills when it comes to anything else. I truly believethat laughter is the best medicine, and I like anyone who can make mesmile. I have come close to peeing in my pants from laughing too hard. Ilove gossip. People magazine can keep me occupied for hours. I must havesomething to read at all times or I have a slight panic attack. I amscared to death of the ocean but would love to live in a house on thebeach. If sharks come on the TV, I turn it off. My dream vacation is theHamptons. When I told my parents, they laughed.

I am a richcelebrity at heart but have absolutely no money to show for it. I adorecountry music and Hanson is my favorite band of all time, for which I amoften mocked. My mom is my best friend. Being a teacher’s daughterhas never been easy but I still want to major in education. I never failto notice that I am turning more into her each day. I watch“Oprah” religiously and cry during every sappy commercial ormovie.

I have never successfully watched an entire scary movie.Blood nauseates me. I am from a Red Sox family. I wore a Yankees hatonce because a member of my favorite boy-band wore one and my daddidn’t talk to me for two days. Mysteriously, it has gone missing.I am horrible with change and refuse to see that the future is not faraway. Whenever I have a bad day, I watch “Breakfast atTiffany’s” or “Sleepless in Seattle.” I wouldlove to look like Audrey Hepburn.

I have a sprawling list of petpeeves. At the top are drivers who refuse to use their signal whenmaking a turn (although in Boston, following this rule is a sign ofweakness). I also hate it when someone calls me by my first, middle andlast name.

I danced for ten years and trained in gymnastics at the same gym as Dominique Moceanu, the Olympicgold medallist, but have no athletic coordination whatsoever. I wouldrather chew off my tongue than run any distance. I want to move toCalifornia someday, but Boston is home and I’ll probably neverleave. If I don’t get into your college, I will probably neverrecover. I love being mischievous. My friends and I once schemed to getmy aunt onto a roller coaster in the dark by telling her it was thetunnel of love. It worked.

I have more empathy than most people.I often feel sorry for inanimate objects. I hate making people mad andrefuse to tell them if they hurt me. I hold grudges but hate to admitit. Only a handful of people truly know me. Sometimes that makes me feelrejected and other times I just feel thankful. By falling in love withmy boyfriend, I have also fallen in love with myself. I have discoveredthat just being me is enough.

Dearin123 BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina

Never give up keep moving .Whats said in life is only to scare you.JUST KEEP MOVING !!

I think you did a wonderful job writting this article.!

ThePhoenixRising BRONZE, Macomb, Michigan

It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.
—Albert Einstein
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
—Albert Einstein
I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
—Bill Cosby
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur. (Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)
—Unknown Author
Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.
—Pablo Picasso

What a creative idea! Using your disadvantages, being a procrastinator, to an advantage!

greenstar said...
you sound just like me- we'd probably be really good friends if we met each other