Mom | Teen Ink

Mom MAG

When my dad moved out a few years ago, I thought my life would never be the same. My mom had just lost her job when the company where she worked failed, and Dad, though employed at a great job, had many issues to work out. As a struggling alcoholic battling depression, he was not always there for me. He was angry and sad, and could not give very much of himself. He paid the minimum amount of child support and used every excuse not to pay for anything additional just to make my mom angry.

This type of behavior would upset and discourage a normal person, but Mom is not normal. Instead, she searched endlessly for a job and fought hard to keep my life as normal as possible. She was always honest with me. When finances became difficult, she sacrificed in order for me and my brother to be able to participate in activities like camp.

Now, my mom has a good job she loves. She never misses a soccer game or school event. To an outsider, we look like the perfect single-parent home. My mom effortlessly runs from work to soccer games to preparing dinner and feeding the dogs, to doing laundry and everything else in between. My family may not be perfect, but my mom is. She never misses a beat.

My mom is my everything. Without her, I don’t know if I would have been able to overcome the hurt of my parents’ divorce. Without her, I do not think I would have succeeded in school and sports as I have. Without her, I do not think I would be applying to the University of Miami. My mom has gotten me to this point in my life, and impressed and inspired me every day. Now, it is my turn to impress her by achieving my aspirations. With acceptance to your school, I will be able to demonstrate the organized, passionate, and driven qualities my mom has taught me, as well as live my dreams to their full potential.

i love this thing i love ice cream and hokkers