Dream College Essay | Teen Ink

Dream College Essay

By Tuheed BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Tuheed BRONZE, Sacramento, California

"if you dont sacrifice for what you want, what you want becomes the sacrifice"

I think financial freedom is a dream we've all envisioned at some point,it is a dream many people share. And that's also my dream, being financially free. To me financial freedom means living comfortably without the constant worry about money. And that's important to me because ever since I was a little kid I always wanted to have the ability to buy anything that I wanted without having to worry about how much it costs or If i could even afford it. 

I was born and raised in Afghanistan, A country that has faced many challenges, including societal financial instability. Growing up in Afghanistan I always wanted to be rich for many reasons, I always saw old homeless people that I wanted to help out or even little children my age working terrible “jobs” on the side of the street to be able to make a little money to help out their families. I had the privilege of having a roof over my head, going to a private school, and not having to worry about my next meal, but that didn't mean my family was rich by any means. I had 2 amazing extremely hard working parents who worked multiple jobs and spent countless hours working hard jobs to provide for me and my siblings, making sure we got everything we wanted and never felt that we were financially unstable. I want to be financially stable so I can be able to help them now, take care of them and help them retire.

I know reaching my goal won't be fast or easy by any means, it will take countless tries and failures and will take lots of time, but that's something that I understand very well and I expect that. I understand that I have to actually have a plan and work towards it to reach my dream because I am not gonna just randomly wake up one day and become financially stable. Some steps that I can take right now is to just learn about ways to make money, some potential side hustles, and so on. I do want to focus on one thing at a time, So i think my main goal at this point in my life is finishing highschool and going to college. I want to pursue civil engineering which is a great job and something that I’ve always actually wanted to do, and it pays really well, in the six figures. Just working hard enough to become an engineer will be enough to fulfill my dream.

In conclusion, I want to be financially stable not only for myself but also for my parents and that's important because they are the ones who got me to where I am today and now I believe it's my turn to be able to help them out. For my future, pursuing a career in civil engineering is not only about ensuring my financial stability but also about chasing my passion while also providing a way to achieve my dream. I believe that with the right mindset and discipline, I can get one step closer to achieving my goal of living comfortably without having to worry about money all the time. For me financial freedom isn’t just a goal, it's also about forgetting about the limitations of the past, helping my family, and a door to a brighter future.

This is the essay that I'll use for colleges, its about my dream and why it matters.