Therefore I Am... | Teen Ink

Therefore I Am...

By Jennifer-679gurl BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Jennifer-679gurl BRONZE, Sacramento, California

Albert Einstein once said “He who has never made a mistake has never tried new things.” I am a Fijian who just moved to Sacramento,US.I have never thought of myself as a loser or a hopeless person. I think of myself as a rose who grew out of cement.I am a type of special person who is thoughtful to others, a unique person who is filled with grit and passion.I believe that I can find success in everything I do either if it is winning or trying my best.My motivations are music,art and family because I love/live for them.These things and people allows me to look at things in life from different perspectives.

Family is my support system. They are there for me at my lowest,giving me advice on life. For example,my dad teaches me survival skills like how to cut firewood, how to defend myself and he tells me how the world works and how I should work in order to achieve what I want. There are many relationship zones like friend zone, loser zone and so on but I only have two zones, a family and relative zone. Family is not about blood related, it's about the bond between them. My relatives are my haters. Even though they hate me I still keep one close so that whenever I succeed, that person will bring the news to the headquarters.Families though, I have to keep them closer,because they will be the first people who will back you up in times of need. I inherited self-respect, kindness, grit and discipline from them. Therefore,I am Dignity.

Music is kind of my therapy,not the mental one but the feeling on the inside.When my heart feels heavy I turn the music on and sing my heart out. Music can make me see the hearts of people and how they feel because my heart sympathizes/empathizes  with them. When I don’t see my life clearly  I listen to the song's lyrics and see how their life struggle was. An anonymous person said that when we are happy we listen to music but when we are sad we start to hear the lyrics. Music teaches me how to visualize life, shows me the perspective of the four corners of the earth, Therefore, I am experience.

Art is another thing that makes me who I am,because I get motivation from it. When you see a masterpiece you admire it, yet you don’t know how long it took to make it or the effort that was put in. In life we don’t need to rush to find success but to admire, work hard and take your time to make our lives thriving with colors to make a masterpiece. In life, we need to enjoy ourselves because if we rush then your life will turn into a bad picture.Art gives me motivation, compassion,patience and a background of a masterpiece. Therefore, I am a Story.

My dreams are more than just “never come true” dreams. It is extremely important to me that I achieve them. Have you ever wondered what your parents have been through to raise you and give you everything? When I have my type of success, I will give them the life that they had sacrificed for me. My dreams to travel the world, own a collection of cars or have my dream home are all based on the opportunities given to me. The real mistake that people make is that they kick the opportunities out the door because they don’t see what their eyes want to see. These people are vulnerable when it comes to the authentic opportunity of their dreams therefore, they lose it. Life could be a journey where there is a destination or it could be a dance where there is no ending to it. One of my teachers shared that life's a journey at first but when you reach your destination, your life turns into a dance. My dreams are my goals, my destination, my chance to win, my motivation towards growth. 

Therefore I am  a champion. I believe in myself to be capable in everything. Whenever we look up, we see the sky, some people wish to fly to the limit or cross them but they lose faith in themselves and forget.Even if some are able to fly they won’t have a place to land. People intend to forget their roots because of the pain and sorrow that they have been through but that was a motivation they made and believed in. They say you should have a role model to become like them but I am inspired by role models to be more than them. It's not about how much you've lost but how much you’ve gained. If you have never experienced new things in life then you lack bravery. You will never be someone unique if you fear the world.Mistakes are a part of being successful. Steve Harvey once said “Remember this: the number one cause of failure in this country is the fear of failure.

I like to see myself as a rare and unique person and I believe that you should too.