Nitrome games on Online games | Teen Ink

Nitrome games on Online games

September 2, 2009
By julian GOLD, Eugene, Oregon
julian GOLD, Eugene, Oregon
17 articles 17 photos 223 comments

Favorite Quote:
The goal is not about living forever, the goal is about creating something that can.


The Nitrome online game designing company shows a very unique style in their games; different than any other style I've seen before. This style is quickly catching on, and they're getting noticed more and more as their website gets more games. People are realizing that games like Final Ninja and Twin Shot are pretty fun as well as unique and different. Right from the start, as the Nitrome logo appears in varied ways at the beginning of a game, you start to catch on to their creativity and talent. One of their trademarks is the many levels each game has, anywhere from 15 to 50. Level 1 in most games of theirs is pretty simple but later levels start to get progressively harder until you get to the boss or some hard yet fun challenge at the very end. This makes it fun to try to get really far in one game, and then start another game and try to go as far as you can in that one! Nitrome now has enough games that I'm usually always in the mood to play at least one of them at any given moment. Although some of their games are not so great, I wouldn't say any of them were plain bad. Even if you aren't a fan of theirs, it might be worthwhile checking up on them in the future, just to see what progressions they've made. Maybe they'll have something you'll like, you never know.

The author's comments:
I wrote this pretty spontaneously, but I'm hoping that someone who never knew about Nitrome, will, after reading this.