Gossip Girl: A drama worth to watch | Teen Ink

Gossip Girl: A drama worth to watch

By softballstar7693 BRONZE, Valley Cottage, New York
softballstar7693 BRONZE, Valley Cottage, New York

Gossip Girl, my new favorite show, has impressed me from the beginning. Gossip Girl is actually a very three dimensional show; not your ordinary teenage nonsense. It’s not all about this “reality show” that is actually fake. It is a well-written scripted drama that involves many different problems. It introduces life in a new perspective, where most people do not get to experience. It portrays life through the eyes of teenagers and adults living in the nobility of the 21st century.
The show is very controversial, but that’s what makes it so interesting. Although their lifestyles are anything but ordinary, the characters do go through very realistic problems. Gossip Girl has shown underage drinking, sex, drugs, depression, and bulimia, which unfortunately is very common in this modern day. However, the show has that appealing factor. The fashions on worn on set are stylish designer clothes, which every girl always dreams of having. The glamorous Upper East Side is also a nice touch, as well as the men on the show.

All of the characters are well developed. Blair Waldorf, a rich Audrey Hepburn inspired girl, has dreams of going to Yale. However, her family is very dysfunctional. Her dad went off to France to have a relationship with another man, which kick started Blair’s bulimia and hardships. Chuck Bass, father of a wealthy business man had always money-and women. But, as it turns out, his mother died while giving to birth to him and his father never respected him. Serena van der Woodsen was described as being the girl who makes everyone jealous, but in reality, her life wasn’t so perfect. She came home from boarding school to find her brother in a center that treats depression and she learned about her mother’s secret past. Nate Archibald, also another upper east sider has always had the life. However, we learn that his father is a drug addict and caused the family to be in debt. Jenny Humphrey has always wanted to fit in with the cool girls and had trouble fitting in. She felt a lot of peer pressure to be rich and mean just like the other girls.
Overall, this show is very suspenseful and drama filled. The actors to a great job of portraying their characters to show their different sides. I would recommend this show to anyone and the books are decent too.

oodles12 said...
I completely agree. The article could have been written ALOT better but overall a great review I'm a huge fan of this show. It gets alot of "hate" from girls who find themselves on the opposite spectrum of Gossip Girl. (aka-loners,stoners, and the simply unpopular)