Fullmetal Alchemist | Teen Ink

Fullmetal Alchemist

By anna2000 SILVER, Paragould, Arkansas
anna2000 SILVER, Paragould, Arkansas

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

-Albert Einstein

Fullmetal Alchemist is an anime first released in 2003. There are two different series, Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. The second series, which was released in 2009, is based strictly off the manga while the first series strays far from it. The first Fullmetal Alchemist series was not based off the manga because it was being formed faster than new volumes of the manga were being written.

The first series follows the lives of two brothers, Ed and Al Elric. In a failed attempt to resurrect their mother, Ed loses an arm and a leg. Al almost died but Ed helped just in time to attach Al’s soul to a suit of armor sitting nearby. This circumstance puts Ed and Al on a journey to find the Philosopher’s Stone to retrieve their lost bodies.
After finishing all 55 episodes of the first anime, there is one thing I can tell you for sure, every episode is action packed and keeps you on the edge of your seat. There was even a part that was tear-jerking (I actually only teared up a little, but I would have more had I not read about what was going to happen ahead of time). There are lots of unexpected plot twists like seemingly bad people become helpful or vice versa. It was also voted the most popular cartoon in Japan in 2005 and 2006, so if that doesn’t mean its good, I don’t know what will.

I can’t wait to read the manga and watch the second series of the anime. I’m eager to see what the new story line will be. I hope that the public library will have the manga so I can read it and possibly do a review over it. In the meantime, if you ever find yourself with nothing to do, watch Fullmetal Alchemist. I would recommend it for anyone (as long as they are okay with violence and some profanity).

RedHadan BRONZE, New York, New York

Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find her way by moonlight, and her punishment is that she sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

ERR MERR GERD YAS!