8 Simple Rules | Teen Ink

8 Simple Rules

November 20, 2007
By Anonymous

Daddy’s little girls have grown up into teenagers, now what? That is how former sportswriter, Paul Hennessy felt when his daughters grew into teenagers. “8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter” (Mondays at 7:00pm, ABC Family) is set in Detroit, Michigan. “8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter” stands out from the crown because the acting is believable, the characters are entertaining, and the plot is interesting.

Kaley Cuoco is an impeccable actress. As she portrays the role of Bridget Hennessy, the oldest of the three Hennessey children. She is able to make is appear like she is truly upset. Like when Bridget gets into an argument with her mom, Debra, about having an after-prom party in a hotel. After watching just one episode you will see how great she is.

While the characters in this show are highly entertaining, they also have a strong family bond that can get them through anything. They will continue to make you laugh throughout each episode. Like in one episode, Debra, the mother, had a dream that the youngest of the three children and her only son, Rory (Martin Spanjers), turned into his pet rat for a day. This family has an incredible chemistry that you wouldn’t believe.

Paul left his job as a sportswriter when his wife, Debra, went back to work as a nurse because he wanted to play a more active role in his kid’s lives. It doesn’t take him long to realize how hard it can be to raise two teenage girls. He begins to miss his old job, so he starts a column on his difficulty raising children and gives advice to others who are in the same situation. He calls him column “8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter”. The dialogue in this show will keep you on your toes and waiting for more.

Although this show is fairly new, it is defiantly worth your time. The network would be very wise to advertise more for this show. “8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter” will have you rolling on the ground with laughter due to its great actors, charming, and hilarious, yet realistic storyline.