Gossip Girl | Teen Ink

Gossip Girl MAG

By Anonymous

      Based on the books by Cecily von Ziegesar, “Gossip Girl” is sure to be a hit. Airing on the CW Wednesdays at 9/8 Central, “Gossip Girl” promises an hour of beautiful people and juicy details. Not only is it filled with twists, but it’s one of those shows I would love to be part of. It’s filled with designer clothes and the perks that only the popular socialites enjoy.

“Gossip Girl” is set in the upper East Side of New York City, where the typical day for these high school students is full of partying, shopping, and finding every bit of gossip.

It begins with Blair, who is enjoying her boyfriend, Nate, until an unexpected surprise comes along. Serena, Blair’s once best friend, mysteriously returns to the girls’ prep school. The former friends become enemies after a series of events involving boys, friends, and school. Add a few other characters, including the quiet Dan and his socialite sister, Jenny, and you have endless entertainment.

The narrator is a girl who calls herself Gossip Girl and keeps a blog of all the ups and downs of the social scene. She ends each episode with a catchy line like “You know you love me, Gossip Girl.”

Not only do I know I love “Gossip Girl,” but everyone else will too.