Modern Family | Teen Ink

Modern Family

By polinaperin DIAMOND, Espluegues De Llobregat, Other
polinaperin DIAMOND, Espluegues De Llobregat, Other

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

"Modern Family": The show that made us realize our family gatherings aren't the most chaotic on the block. And if you thought your Uncle Bob's dance moves were embarrassing, wait till you see Phil Dunphy's.

Firstly, let's talk about that theme song. It's short, it's sweet, and it doesn't have claps. But it does prepare you for a rollercoaster of family fun, faux pas, and Phil's-osophy.

Speaking of Phil, the self-proclaimed "cool dad", he's the guy who thinks he's down with the kids but still uses words like "rad" and "groovy". His magic tricks? Well, let's just say they're more tragic than magic. But we love him for it.

Then there's Jay, the patriarch. He's got a dog butler statue, a Colombian firecracker of a wife, and a son who's more into fashion than football. His life is like a sitcom... Oh wait, it is!

Gloria, with her vivacious spirit and accent that could make even the phonebook sound exciting, teaches us that passion is everything. And her son, Manny? He's basically an 80-year-old trapped in a teenager's body, with the wisdom and wardrobe to match.

Cam and Mitchell, the dynamic duo, redefine couple goals. Between Cam's farm tales and Mitchell's lawyerly logic, their household is a blend of pink and plaid, drama and deadpan.

And let's not forget the kids. From Haley's revolving door of boyfriends to Alex's encyclopedic knowledge, Luke's harebrained schemes, and Lily's sassy one-liners, they're the cherries on this comedic sundae.

But the real MVP? Stella, the French Bulldog. She's cute, she's sassy, and she probably has more Instagram followers than you.

In conclusion, "Modern Family" is a delightful mockumentary-style romp that reminds us that family is what you make of it, even if it includes an uncle who believes in "peerenting" or a grandpa who marries a woman his kids' age.