Hawkeye Review | Teen Ink

Hawkeye Review

April 1, 2022
By kuelen BRONZE, Wyckoff, New Jersey
kuelen BRONZE, Wyckoff, New Jersey
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Recently I watched the Hawkey TV show. The show follows Kate Bishop in New York where at a young age she was inspired by Hawkeye because he saved her life and he didn’t even know it. Later, she gets in trouble with her mom’s boyfriend’s family. She thinks they are a part of some shady business and follows them around a party. She is suspicious of her mom’s boyfriend because he goes to a secret auction on illegal goods. At this auction she finds the Avenger’s property and The Ronin's suit. The Ronin was Hawkeye after the snap because he was angry he lost his family. When Kate finds the Ronin suit she puts it on to stop the tracksuit gang from stealing everything from the auction. Eventually the news finds out about this and Hawkeye wants to get the Ronin suit back because it could reveal his identity. Hawkeye tracks down Kate and helps her fight off the tracksuit gang and then they go to her apartment. 

Throughout the show Hawkeye does not want to work with Kate because she is so young. He doesn’t want her to get hurt and for him to be at fault. He doesn’t want to watch another person die like Black Widow. Kate constantly tries to prove herself to him but in the end he still doesn’t want her to become a hero like him. In the last show of the series she finally shows him that she can do the right thing. Kate grows as a person during the show and gains experience fighting and dealing with difficult situations. 

I would give this show a 7/10. It was good but kind of cheesy and had much lower production quality than other Marvel movies. Although it cannot always be expected for a TV show that's over 4 hours in total to be the highest quality It still could be better. The stunts are mostly CGI and they bring you out of the viewing experience. For example when a character is falling it is painfully obvious that a greenscreen has been used. By now most Marvel movies and series are very predictable for the viewer and the series Hawkeye is no different. 

Overall most people will enjoy watching Hawkeye. Although it is not perfect it is still made by Marvel. Marvel is known for making good movies and that is why this series was successful. If any other production company made this movie it would certainly receive more criticism from others. I’m not sure I will continue to be a Marvel fan as their movies just get worse. Every single one is now predictable and cheesy and they all follow a similar formula: character realizes something bad is happening, character tries to do something and it doesn’t go to plan, character now needs to save the world, character realizes how hard it is to save the world, character barely saves everyone and all is well. Marvel needs to quit being lazy and actually make something good instead of coasting off the success of Endgame.