Grey's Anatomy: Is It Worth Your Time ? | Teen Ink

Grey's Anatomy: Is It Worth Your Time ?

By mckg1111 BRONZE, Hemet, California
mckg1111 BRONZE, Hemet, California

Grey’s Anatomy: Is It Worth Your Time?

Grey’s Anatomy. Seventeen Seasons. Members of the cast come and go. It pulls on your heartstrings, makes you laugh, cry, and basically feel every emotion possible. So is this show worth your time? I’d say, yes. If you are interested in a show that highlights the reality of life and what it’s like being a surgeon, I’d say this is a great fit for you. Grey’s Anatomy shows the struggle between balancing a stressful career and having a personal life. 

The show revolves around Meredith Grey and her colleagues. Meredith Grey grew up with a famous surgeon as a mother. Meredith tries to live up to the expectations of her mother. She even started as an intern at the very hospital her mother worked at and where she spent a lot of time as a child while her mother was working. Grey’s Anatomy is about the surgeons at the Seattle Grace Hospital, it is about what takes place in and out of the hospital. Some surgeons have a life outside the hospital while others’ lives revolve around the hospital. 

So, you may be thinking. Seventeen seasons, that is so much. Is it worth the time and the energy, should I make this commitment? There is a reason the show has had seventeen seasons, it’s that good. The cast and crew have won multiple awards for their work on the show. The cast is packed with phenomenal actors and actresses. 

You get to watch all these medical mysteries and you even learn medical terminology without even trying to. If you don’t like blood or you get queasy easily, it might get some time to get used to. The show is honestly fascinating. You feel like you are involved in every case that comes into the hospital. When watching the show it feels like you’re actually there, experiencing everything the characters are. You become invested in every person and relationship that takes place on the screen. After you watch the show for a while, it feels like you could diagnose a medical condition. 

There are many twists and turns that take place. It’s crazy what these writers can come up with. This show will leave you on your toes. Grey’s Anatomy is definitely not predictable. Every episode will leave you guessing and mostly in awe. 

You will for sure fall in love with the characters. There are so many different characters that you will always relate to one of them. The actors and actresses portray their characters so well. The cast is truly spectacular. Some weeks you’ll love that character and the next week you may hate that very same character. There is so much that happens in one episode. The character development is truly amazing. The relationships that are immersed throughout the series are unimaginable. You will be wishing for more and more after every episode. 

As a sixteen-year-old, it’s amazing that I’ve watched the entire series, and that’s saying a lot. It is definitely a commitment, but you don’t have to watch all seventeen seasons in one sitting. It should definitely be considered if you’re thinking about starting a new series. 

Not only does Grey’s Anatomy have great characters and storylines, but there are also so many conversations that take place during the series, some include, sexual assault, mental health, equality same-sex relationships, and PTSD. Not only is this show exciting to watch, but it keeps you interested because it takes you through the challenges that not only the surgeons face, but the patients as well. The surgeons learn from the patients and their everyday life. This show highlights so many conversations that need to be discussed. While watching this show it can teach you a lot about medicine but also challenges that many people face in their everyday lives that you would’ve never even thought about. 

I’m not lying, sometimes this show will have you balling your eyes out. This show will have you invested and leave you devastated at the same time. This show does have its sad moments, don’t get me wrong, but there are definitely heartfelt moments. There are so many variables that make this show so amazing. The show is definitely a masterpiece that you will never forget.

This show brings so much awareness to many things, like important conversations but also illnesses. Grey’s Anatomy shows many illnesses I would’ve never even known about. It shows you what people go through in their lives and how strong people are. 

The series is truly amazing. If you are looking for a show that can make you laugh, cry, and feel a lot of emotions, this is the show for you. Grey’s Anatomy will make you fall in love with the characters, angry about how things play out, and happy when patients turn out okay. Grey’s Anatomy can teach you so many things and definitely keep you invested. I would rate this show a 10/10. You don’t have to be interested in medicine to watch it. I definitely recommend it to anyone who is interested in a new series. You will not have to worry about the show not having enough episodes. All in all, Grey’s Anatomy is a great show that you need to consider watching.

I am a young teenager who loves Grey's Anatomy and wants people to know how great it is.