Gabriel's Horror Life: The Review of a Bone-Chilling Series | Teen Ink

Gabriel's Horror Life: The Review of a Bone-Chilling Series

May 1, 2020
By Anonymous

Between 2012 and 2013 was a long line of brutality for Gabriel. All the beatings, bruises, and marks have left him dead for good on May 24th, 2013. His extended family and friends were more concerned about his health than his own mother. His mom was the one that assisted her boyfriend to carry the abuse to Gabriel. The sad part was that Gabriel was not a tenacious little boy. Kids are defenseless at the age of eight, so how could he prevent his own death. He couldn’t do anything because he was young.   

 

The Netflix series The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez has a visual on how abused  Gabriel was for eight months and it was left unnoticed by the Los Angeles Police Department and the social workers did very little about Gabriel’s case in Palmdale, California. His first-grade teacher made multiple calls to the social workers about one time when he said that he was beaten with a belt by his mom, and when he was hit with a BB gun. It shows that a teacher cares about her own student like it’s her own. It was hard to hear the voice of the teacher when she made the phone calls to the social workers. If she had the chance, she could have taken Gabriel as her own son so he can get away from the abuse from his own home. 


The abuse should have been looked at from the start. The police thought it wasn’t a serious issue. Anything that involves a child should be taken seriously no matter what the severity of the issue is. Sadly, the child wasn’t out of the situation sooner than later so he could have been living a normal life.