U2-No Line On the Horizon | Teen Ink

U2-No Line On the Horizon

By fishy195 BRONZE, Huntington Beach, California
fishy195 BRONZE, Huntington Beach, California
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to
denigrate those who do. And for the people who
like country music, denigrate means 'put down'

U2 is a rock band that formed in the 1980s by a group of friends, Bono (lead vocals), The Edge (lead guitarist), Adam (bass), and Larry (drums). All four of them grew up together in Dublin, Ireland. They have many great albums, and have created their own unique sound. After touring the world many times, they decided to give back and help it. Bono created “One”, a charity group that helps the children in need who live in Africa.
The new album No line on the Horizon, is pretty good overall. If you listen to this album you should expect to hear some influences of older songs from albums like “Joshua Tree”, “Achtung Baby”, and “The Unforgettable Fire”. Track three on the album, “Moment of Surrender”, sounds like it had some influences form “One” and The Beatles “Let it be”. Track seven, “Stand Up Comedy”, sounds like the intro had some influence from Led Zeppelin’s “Immigrant Song”.
“Get on Your Boots” is by far the best song on the new album! It is completely original, absolutely no influences from any other songs. It has a good message, a good beat, and sounds new. Track nine, “White as Snow”, is a good song as well. It starts off really creepy and scary, and then it changes into like an old western folk song, and Bono starts singing a story. It is really unique and original; I haven’t heard a song like that ever!
No Line on the Horizon is a good album. It reminds you of the old, and it gives you some new. In the past, U2 created their own sound, but in this album they change it up a little and add a modern touch. Trying to keep up with the modern times U2 add some cool effects, change their sound, but you still know a U2 song when you hear one.

meganxox SILVER, Park City, Utah
Felicia,

Great review! I love U2, and No Line On The Horizon is by far there best album in the past decade. I'm surprised you aren't published in the magazine.

Great job!

britneyspears (not really...hahaha)

LoriLong said...
Felicia,

You may have a future writing reviews. You did an awesome job!

-Lori (Rylie

TracyAHB said...
Wow, would love to hear more of your thoughts on other bands. You know your stuff! Keep up the good work!

Nana said...
How cool! I can tell that you really know your music. Great comments about the influences that you heard. Very well done!

hballens said...
Great job Fishy, you go girl. You are the perfect person for this review.

Jimicrash said...
Great review, Felicia A! Nicely worded and very insightful. I think I'm going to go pick up No Line On The Horizon after hearing what you had to say. Thanks!!

Well written and very insightful. Gives a nice back ground of the band as well as a good idea of what to expect on the new album. Nice job!