Kristian Stanfill (the band) | Teen Ink

Kristian Stanfill (the band)

By PK4evr ELITE, Allen, Texas
PK4evr ELITE, Allen, Texas

When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, then watch everyone wonder how you did it!

I couldn’t believe that this would be the last Student Life weekend conference. I absolutely loved spending my weekend singing my heart out and laughing my head off at the awesome speakers. But this was the last time, and it was with a bittersweet feeling that I walked through the doors of the church where the conference was being held.

Student Life conferences have always been a great place for me to learn new songs- and this time wasn’t an exception. The worship leader was Kristian Stanfill- not a big deal like Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, and the other big guys, but I vaguely knew who he was. After hearing him lead worship, I wonder why he isn’t more widely known.

The band was just so energetic and passionate. I couldn’t have refrained from singing if I had wanted to- two thousand other people were singing along, and the music was loud and drew you in. even though I didn’t know half the songs, I made it work and did my best to sing along anyway.

That Friday night, I learned a new song, Kingdom. It was a new song from their band called Attention that summed up the theme of the conference, “Live Love.” The words “live love” are in the first pre-chorus- “to live love and give love.” It was fairly easy to pick up and a great range for singing. My favorite part of the song, however, was the chorus-
“We are the kingdom of God
We are an army of love
We carry truth to the world
We are the kingdom of God.”

I couldn’t keep still while singing the song- not while they were playing live, at least. It’s not a song that you sing standing still- it’s one that moves and makes you passionate.

The band sounds better live to me than on CD- something that’s rare. You can see their passion- it vibrates and reaches you. The time passed so quickly that I practically blinked my eyes and it was one on Saturday afternoon- the end of the conference. But before I left, I bought the CD. I’m listening to it right now as I write it- track three, Kingdom.
“We are the kingdom of God
We are an army of love
We carry truth to the world
We are the kingdom of God.”

carothesparrow GOLD, Lilburn, Georgia

dont give up she will talk someday my friend made this quote she is really cool cause she understands about my sister
it starts with ONE to make a differerence!!! i learned this quote at a leadership camp

ohana means family no one gets left behind

amazing review :)