Savage Garden | Teen Ink

Savage Garden MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
1044 articles 0 photos 1 comment

   Savage Garden's debut album is the quintessence of pop. The charismatic songs draw you in and make you listen to the CD constantly. You can set the CD at the beginning and listen to it all the way through. Why? This CD has 11 great songs, including the alternative-like beats of "Break Me Shake Me," the disco-like "Violet," the up-beat songs "I Want You (Chic-a-cherry cola)," "Carry on Dancing" and the slow majestic sounds of "Universe" and "Truly Madly Deeply."

"To the Moon and Back" begins with sound effects, as if you were lifting off in a space shuttle. The song has electric guitar during the sound effects to help set the mood. Other instruments also come into play. The song is about a girl who is not loved and does not feel loved. Some lyrics are "... if love was red then she was color blind ..." and "... love is like a barren place and reaching out for human faith is like a journey I just don't have a map for." Near the end of the song, the style slowly fades into classical. The string instruments take over. Whether you want alternative pop, bubble-gum pop, fun, different disco or slow, romantic music, you will find it on this Savage Garden CD.

The two Australian cuties, Darren Hayes and Daniel Jones, make up the band. Darren Hayes (vocals) has an enchanting voice. Daniel Jones (guitar and keyboard) makes beautiful melodies. They collide together to make august music and tremendous hits. Darren writes the lyrics and uses a wide vocabulary. He was thinking of his wife when writing "Truly Madly Deeply." The song, "Santa Monica," was inspired by their first visit to America. Darren and Daniel write all their songs together.

This is one of the hottest CDs out there and I think everyone should own it. So, if you do not have the Savage Garden CD in your collection, I would definitely recommend that you rush out and buy it.