Tears Of Joy | Teen Ink

Tears Of Joy MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

Tuck and Patti - "Tears ofJoy"

Ask anyone who knows me: I'm not the classical orjazz type. My taste in music usually draws me to popularmusic: Dave Matthews Band, Our Lady Peace, Tupac andeverything in-between. But I'm writing this review torecommend an album that is not one of the latest hits, infact, most have not heard of it. I must insist, however, thatTuck and Patti's "Tears of Joy" is one of the best CDs I'veever listened to.

Tuck and Patti are a duo more popularduring the late ྌs and early ྖs. If I had to categorizeit, I would say the CD constitutes soft jazz. Tuck plays theguitar to which Patti's deep, beautiful voice sings along.Their music is soft and melodious, drawing on deep emotions.Their songs usually center around a theme of love. They createa mood of peace and relaxation.

I was originally drawnto the album because they did a remake of the song "Time AfterTime," and I was interested to hear their version. Withoutexaggerating, it was the most beautiful song I've ever heard.In my opinion, their remake goes above and beyond any versionof the song. To this day, it continues to be my favorite.Other classics on their album include "Take My Breath Away"and "Love Is The Key."

For anyone interested in tryingsomething a little different, this CD comes highlyrecommended.