The Who | Teen Ink

The Who MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
1044 articles 0 photos 1 comment

   Once upon a time, The Who was considered the loudest bandon Earth. Although they no longer retain that title, they are still one of thegreatest bands in the world. Even after performing for 30 years and suffering thedeath of drummer Keith Moon in 1978, The Who has been able to keep sounding asgreat as they did back in the ླྀs.

The concert I attended began early inthe evening and lasted until after eleven. Every minute was spectacular. Thefurious guitar playing of Pete Townshend and the wonderfully familiar voice ofRoger Daltrey combined with classic songs made for a very entertaining show. TheWho performed their most famous songs, "My Generation," "BehindBlue Eyes," "Won't Get Fooled Again" and "Who Are You,"as well as less well-known ones such as "Substitute."

Throughoutthe show, lead singer Roger Daltrey did his signature move of throwing hismicrophone around the stage and over the audience, while Pete Townshend playedthe guitar like a madman and swung his arms with every ounce of energy he had.Bassist John Entwhistle - perhaps the most reserved member of the band - had hisown way of standing out. He wore a colorful jacket with a giant insect on theback. And last but not least, filling in for the irreplaceable Keith Moon was ZakStarkey, son of former Beatle Ringo Starr.

At the end of the show, theband didn't destroy their instruments, as they might have done in their youngerdays by smashing their guitars or putting explosives in the drum kit. I thoughtthis concert was very impressive, though; I was very fortunate to see it. If youwant to see a great show and some of the most magnificent legends of rock androll, see The Who.