Favorite Bands of 2007-2008 | Teen Ink

Favorite Bands of 2007-2008

My Favorite Bands of 2007-2008

1.Seether

This band is my favorite out of anything I've ever listened to. The alternative-rock band, natives of South Africa, is on tour now promoting their newest CD, “Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces. I went to their concert in Atlanta on May 5th. They did an amazing job performing their songs and ended up doing a 2 ½ hour show that night. My favorite songs from this band are “Gasoline”, “Like Suicide”, “FMLYHM”, “Remedy”, “Truth”, “Rise Above This”, “No Jesus Christ”, and “Six Gun Quota”.

2.Three Days Grace

When I first heard this band, when their songs “I Hate Everything About You” came on the radio, I was immediately attracted to the music and Adam Gontier, the singer's, voice. Their newest CD, “One-X”, has had many hits played on the radio, including “Pain”, “Animal I Have Become”, “Riot”, “Never Too Late”; and some older songs, “I Hate Everything About You”, “Just Like You”, and “Home”.

3.AFI

On June 6th, 2006, AFI introduced a new album called “DecemberUnderground” to the world. This CD includes many radio hits, like “Miss Murder”, “Love Like Winter”, and “The Missing Frame”. Some other songs that this band has made that I like are “The Interview”, “The Boy Who Destroyed The World”, “The Killing Lights”, “Endlessly, She Said”, and “Girl's Not Grey”.

4.Bullet For My Valentine

This awesome rock band released a new CD on January 29th, 2008, called “Scream Aim Fire”. One thing I am attracted to in this band is their music. I like how they play, and when you hear a song by them you know it's them because they have their own sound. I like every song I've heard by them, but my favorites are “Scream Aim Fire”, “Hand Of Blood”, “No Control”, “Tears Don't Fall”, “All These Things I Hate (Revolve Around Me)”, Room 409”, and “My Fist, Your Mouth, Her Scars”.

5.Marilyn Manson

In 2007, Marilyn Manson and his band unveiled “Eat Me, Drink Me”, a new CD different from the old Manson sound. I like Marilyn Manson because he isn't afraid to step out of the lines and do something different and shocking. My favorite songs from him are “The Beautiful People”, “Heart-Shaped Glasses (When The Heart Guides The Hand)”, “If I Was Your Vampire”, “Are You The Rabbit?”, “The Dope Show”, “The Fight Song”, “Rock Is Dead”, “(m)OBSCENE”, “Mechanical Animals”, and his spin on “This Is Halloween” from Tim Burton's movie “Nightmare Before Christmas”.

6.My Chemical Romance

In 2006, the New Jersey native band My Chemical Romance, better known as MCR, debuted a new album called “The Black Parade”. It was released on October 23rd in the UK, October 24th in the US, and October 28th in Australia. Some of the songs this band has made are “Vampires Will Never Hurt You”, “Headfirst For Halos”, “I'm Not Okay (I Promise)”, “Helena (So Long and Goodnight)”, “Famous Last Words”, “Teenagers”, “Welcome To The Black Parade”, “House Of Wolves”, and a hidden song on the newest album called “Blood”.

7.Norma Jean

Norma Jean originated from Douglasville, Georgia, a suburb of Atlanta. In September 2006, they released an album called “Redeemer”. “The Anti-Mother”, their next studio album, is set to be released in the summer of 2008. My favorite songs from this band are “The End Of All Things Will Be Televised”, “Blueprints For Future Homes”, “A Grand Scene For A Color Film”, “Songs Sound Much Sadder”, and “A Temperamental Widower”.

8.Flyleaf

I saw Flyleaf on May 5th with Seether and RED in Atlanta. The first thing I noticed was Lacey Mosley, the frail-looking little girl singer with a big voice. She was on stage screaming and singing her heart out. Their only CD is called “Flyleaf”, and there are many different versions of it, such as CD-DVD combination, live performance tracks, and their music videos on an extra DVD. My favorite songs by this band are “I'm Sorry”, “All Around Me”, “Fully Alive”, “I'm So Sick”, and “Sorrow”.