Super Bass by Nicki Minaj | Teen Ink

Super Bass by Nicki Minaj

By IAmWhoIWantToBe PLATINUM, Manila, Other
IAmWhoIWantToBe PLATINUM, Manila, Other

‎"I’m learning how to drown out the constant noise that is such an inseparable part of my life. I don’t have to prove anything to anyone. I only have to follow my heart and concentrate on what I want to say to the world: I run my world." - Beyoncé

Want some catchy sing while you are having a falling-in-love feeling? Then, Super Bass, a song/video from the Trinidadian singer, Nicki Minaj, is for you!

I really like the positivity of the song and the catchy “boom, baboom, boom, boom, baboom, boom, bass.” Another plus point that the song got from me was that it was fun and easy to dance with it. The song has a happy beat and it describes one girl’s feelings for the boy she admires. The song is so good and I just can’t stop listening to it – I am listening to it while I am typing this review and I would probably stop listening to it when my laptop dies.

Another thing that flatters me was the colorful and happy video. It wasn’t the emo type videos of black. I don’t hate the color black but black is, definitely, not the only color in the world. The choreography for the chorus part of the song is a good thing for me. The Harajuku Barbie doesn’t look trying hard in the choreography, which is so “wow!” If there is one thing I didn’t like in the video, it’s the last part where women are lap dancing men. I don’t like it not because of the sexual appearance but because it was the ending and it’s dark. It was like, “I was colorful but in the end, I’m dark. I was happy now I’m not.”

But over-all, the song and the video are both good – and I can’t get it out of my head.

Nicki Minaj's song Super Bass is super good and I like it more than I think I should. It wasn't that demonic and dark compared to other songs/videos.

SpringAhead GOLD, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania

"Don't call me crazy, it drives me nuts!"

~Anonymous

This is great review! Too bad I disagree with you . . .

IAmWhoIWantToBe PLATINUM, Manila, Other

No worries, double posting comments happen almost everytime. Anyway, I don't know her favorite color but maybe, yes, it's Pink. You know, her album is called Pink Friday so who knows? Anyway, thanks for commenting...

Studio_Riet GOLD, Tonasket, Washington

" Times you see, is a little arrangement that man has made for himself to try to measure the immeasurable mysteries of life." -Calypso to Ulysses (Bernard Evslin.)
"You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body" - CS Lewis

Sorry it posted twice. I don't know why it does that.

Studio_Riet GOLD, Tonasket, Washington

Thank you Tasha!! This review was perfact!! My budie (a Minaj fan btw) and I actually looked up the vid after we read this artical.  She is one fast rapper!!! Kinda makes me wonder what her favorite color is, though. . . PINK! haha

Funny, though how different people have different opinions.  The part you said was your least favorite part was my fav part. Not the lap dancing, yuck, but the change in attitude, and all the glow in the dark stuff. (awesome! I'm, like akmost obsessed with glowin the dark ^^ )

Oh, well. Thanx a bunch!!

;)  Omi

4everyoung15 BRONZE, Moreno Valley, California

"When life knocks you down on your knees, just remember you are in the perfect position for praying"- Unknown

I have to agree Niki Minaj is awsum! i luv her music