Fearless by Taylor Swift | Teen Ink

Fearless by Taylor Swift

By TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

The title makes you expect an anthem for girls about standing out in the crowd fearlessly, or something along those lines. Unfortunately, it's nothing along those lines. It's talking about being fearlessly in-love.
You'd expect for a sophomore album you'd find Swift branching out past sugar-pop-fluff, but "Fearless" sounds terribly a lot like "Taylor Swift".
Don't get me wrong, the music is great, really danceable, something to listen to at anytime.
But, while "Fearless", "Love Story", "Hey Stephen", "White Horse", "You Belong With Me", "Breath", "Tell Me Why", "You're Not Sorry", "The Way I Loved You" and "Forever and Always" (the majority of this "country" album) is about dating, boys, and falling in and out of love, I'm disappointed to say only three songs stand out to me:
"Fifteen":This song is about the ups and downs and ins and outs of teenage life and high school life. It's a song any teen can relate to. Although some parents may be wary of some of the content of this song, since it talks of her best friend having sex (when Abigail gave everything she had-to a boy-who changed his mind)
"The Best Day":While there's no hidden truth or deep message, the song is a beautifully written song about the love of a mother, that anyone can relate to.
"Change":This track is the definite power anthem of the album. While most of the tracks on this album are sugary-fluff love-and-hate songs, this one has some good meat to it.
It's a basically fine album, but for those of you who steer clear of Swift because of her label "country", there's no need. She's hardly anymore country than Miley Cyrus.
And for those of you who are wary because you enjoy real country, don't waste your money. She's maybe (possibly) considered country-fluff. She's a pretty face with an alright voice and a good sound on the guitar, but she seems to lack the deep meaning and life lessons that can be found amongst other artists.

I love this album. I just wish Taylor could sing about more than guys.....

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

You're right, I don't know her as a person and I never said I did. But what I see in the magazines and on tv and what I've heard from her, I don't like her. Sorry, but I don't and I'm not going to pretend to like someone I don't. :/

CrystalW13 said...

Okay, i get what your saying and i agree in someways but...

how can you say you don't like her as a person? you don't even like her, would you like me to judge you when i don't even know anything about you personally? i bet the answer is no because if i were to judge you at this moment i'd probably think you need to pull your head from the sand because you are coming across as kinda a cow. that is all.

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

I understand that too, but she makes it seem like girl's lives should be all about guys and I don't like that. Thanks for the comment! :)

Diana101 GOLD said...
Diana101 GOLD, Grove City, Ohio

"God's delays are not God's denials"

I understand totally where your coming from:)  

But, Taylor writes these songs for a reason. She wants people to know what she went through and how we can relate to her and that we're not alone:)

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

Thank you for the comment! :)

LaughingGirl GOLD, Ocala, Florida

Play the music not the instrument. -Author Unknown

To me, Taylor Swift is a great singer, but you are right. The most of her FEARLESS album IS based on boys and dating, which can get boring. It is a great music subject, but Swift WILL lose her fans if she keeps this up. Her songs are beginning to blend together in my mind, and its hard to tell them apart. They are good songs and Taylor Swift is no doubt a good singer, but you have a point.

BryannaJ. GOLD said...
BryannaJ. GOLD, Glendale, Arizona

"If you love somebody, let them go. If they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were."

-Anon.
"What is a Code Blue?!"

- Mr. Crepsley (Cirque Du Freak: Vampire's Assistant The Movie)

Oh. Understandable.

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

kinda. I mean I won't get into an argument over it or anything, but I just don't like her.

BryannaJ. GOLD said...
BryannaJ. GOLD, Glendale, Arizona

-Anon.
"What is a Code Blue?!"

Oh wow. I'm not sure I like her, the person very much either. You seem very strong about the subject?

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

Let's say it's complicated. I like her music just fine, but would like people to stop calling her country when she isn't and I would like her to sing about more than guys and more than just love me or I hate you type of things. Taylor Swift the person, no. I don't like her.

BryannaJ. GOLD said...
BryannaJ. GOLD, Glendale, Arizona

-Anon.
"What is a Code Blue?!"

Do you like Taylor Swift?