Unbothered Album Review | Teen Ink

Unbothered Album Review

By yazantinawi BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
yazantinawi BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey

Encouraged from childhood to pursue rap by his dad whilst growing up in Pennsylvania, Lil Skies has returned with more music in 2021 with the release of his second studio album, Unbothered. In this release, Lil Skies collaborates with numerous producers to explore themes such as his childhood and his father's tragedies... While the lyrical content is inconsistent in this project, the detail and care that was put in the production and overall construction of this album cannot be ignored. The artist also talks about how he is so successful and such a young age multiple times all throughout the album. The popular songs on this album are the ones that have more of a trap beat such as Riot, Take 5, and Excite me featuring Wiz Khalifa. 

The project did have a tremendous amount of hype and many fans were excited for the release but unfortunately, the album sales did flop. Many fans were very upset and expressed their emotions on twitter and other social media platforms. They wanted the same flow and style he had expressed back in his debut album, Life of a Dark Rose. Lil Skies shared some of his opinions on instagram live where he states that everyone changes and that he will not be going back to his old self. He talks about how people change as time goes on and people can’t expect people to just not change.  Lil Skies is a very unique artist who is also a unique individual. He creates his music by freestyling on random beats and catching an idea. Lil Skies is a very talented artist who has a very loyal fanbase but with the album only selling 15,000 units in the first week, I strongly believe he could make a better album than this easily. The lows on this album are very low with many songs that question the listeners why they were even added to the project. Overall, Unbothered by Lil Skies is a 6.3 out of 10 in my opinion.

Lil Skies most recent album Unbothered.