Believers Never Die(Volume 2) | Teen Ink

Believers Never Die(Volume 2)

Pop Punk Band Fall Out Boy released a new album on Friday, November 15 ahead of their Hella Mega Tour next year where they will appear next to other famous bands Green Day and Weezer. Believers Never Die(Volume 2) is the bands second greatest hits album, as you can tell by the title of the album. Believers Never Die features some of the bands most popular songs such as, “My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark(Light Em Up)”, and “Immortals” which was featured in the hit Disney movie Big Hero 6. Even though the majority of the songs on the track are not recent, the album does feature 3 new songs from the band. These songs include; “Dear Future Self(Hands Up)”, “Bob Dylan”, and “I’ve Been Waiting”. “Dear future self was released on September 10 when the Hella Mega Tour was announced. The song features a fast, energetic beat to it, similar to the other songs by Green Day and Weezer. As for “I’ve Been Waiting”, We see the band team up with ILOVEMAKONNEN to bring to life a new Lil Peep song that was never published before he passed away in 2017. And my personal favorite is “Bob Dylan” which brings out the iconic punk rock sound of Fall Out Boy’s music from when they first appeared with 2003's with Take This to Your Grave and 2005's From Under the Cork Tree. "Bob Dylan" just makes me feel like I'm listening to the original Fall Out Boy and it just sounds great. Other great songs on the album include "Uma Thurman", "Centuries", a song that almost anyone into pop-punk has heard due to its popularity, and "The Last of the Real Ones" from their 2018 album MANIA. Though not all of the songs on the album are great such as "Champion" from the MANIA album which featured a new sound that not all fans enjoyed due to the band saying that they wanted to try something new and stray a bit from the normal pop-punk sound that their fans have always been used to. Though fans were disappointed they still enjoyed the music and appreciated them reaching beyond their limits. Believers Never Die(Volume 2) is out now for all fans to enjoy.