Benchwarmers | Teen Ink

Benchwarmers

September 29, 2015
By maddy_zalik BRONZE, Vauxhall, Other
maddy_zalik BRONZE, Vauxhall, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Benchwarmers is a great movie that is hilarious and just all around fun to watch. It first came out on April 7, 2006. Dennis Dugan was the director. It is about three adult men creating a baseball team to play against other standard child baseball teams. They get together a bunch of children that are benchwarmers on the teams they are currently on and put them on the benchwarmers team. This movie is inspiring in many ways because it shows that everybody deserves a chance. I love this movie.


Even though this movie is a comedy, it still many inspirational aspects. Gus allowed everybody to play on his team no matter whether they were winning or losing. Throughout the movie, it provided many helpful lessons that you wouldn’t expect from this movie. Lessons such as, don’t eat too much food too fast or respect your peers. Clark was “the weak link” on the team whereas Gus was the coach and Richie was one of the best players. They still got to all play the same amount of time. One of the children that played on the benchwarmers had a really rich father. This didn’t really matter until closer to the end of the movie. Nearing the end of the movie, Mel (the rich man) pitched in a large chunk of money to help the benchwarmers build a very large stadium. This stadium was built specifically for the final game. This stadium is symbolic is because they used pieces of other famous stadiums. For example the brick and ivory fences were from Wrigley field. Yankee Stadium provided the "wedding-cake" trim on top of the bleachers' wall. Fenway Park provided the Green Monster fence. Chase Field provided the pool area behind right field. There is many major aspects in this movie that can influence your daily life if you pay close enough attention.


Overall I really enjoyed this movie and everything about. I believe I liked it mostly because comedies are my favorite movie genre. I like how this movie was so inspirational in an interesting way. I would rate this movie 9/10. I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for a good laugh.