HIV: Si Heidi, Si Ivy at Si V | Teen Ink

HIV: Si Heidi, Si Ivy at Si V

By Random100 DIAMOND, Iloilo, Other
Random100 DIAMOND, Iloilo, Other

The Filipino movie HIV: Si Heidi, Si Ivy at Si V. It planted me a thought that I should always keep in mind the consideration to people who are affected by Human Immunodeficiency Virus or HIV. This fatal virus can lead to Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS) which is a very dangerous and serious health condition.

The film teaches about HIV awareness. It aims to inform everyone about this virus. It does not only give the causes and profound effects of the disease but also inspiration to the victims of this virus. It shows a great source of courage to them that they can still live normally.

The movie, generally, portrays what is happening in our society. It shows how HIV can be transferred from a carrier to a non-carrier. The characters have made special resemblances to the people today. This has added to the essence of the film.

The main character is the bravest among them. He does all his best just to finish his documentary about HIV amid failures and criticisms. But the most striking part was he revealed that he is one of the persons comprising the documentary, not only as the director or editor, but also one of the faces of HIV. He puts his wife and reputation at stake just to give vital information to the public. It simply means, he sacrifices for the life of many.