Big Hero 6 | Teen Ink

Big Hero 6 MAG

By AnubhutiKumar PLATINUM, New York, New York
AnubhutiKumar PLATINUM, New York, New York

“Big Hero 6,” Disney’s latest animated venture, is an action-packed adventure. Filled with tragic beginnings, loyal best friends, simple but witty humor, and a heroic and determined young lead, “Big Hero 6” perfectly fits the equation for a successful Disney superhero epic.

Six super-genius kids use their intelligence to design technologies to enhance their abilities. They are led by Hiro, the youngest, who becomes friends with Baymax – a robot his brother, Tadashi, made to act as a personal healthcare assistant – and beefs him up to help fight the villain who killed Tadashi.

Baymax and Hiro’s relationship creates moments of humor and heart throughout the film. Hiro teaching Baymax how to fist bump, and Baymax, adding sound effects to the gesture, brings a roar of laughter in the theater. As the movie progresses, the puffy and lovable Baymax teaches Hiro a thing or two about humanity.

The soundtrack serves its purpose well in making the audience not only sympathize with the characters but also feel the characters’ emotions.

The ending and the song that is played with the credits send the audience out of the theater euphorically pumped up with restored faith in humanity. The end brings twists and turns that may be anticipated by adults but will leave the target audience, children, utterly stunned.

“Big Hero 6” was loosely inspired by a Marvel comic book series of the same name. This movie presents the origin story of these superheroes and their strong ties to each other. It would be especially appealing to fans of Iron Man, as these six heroes’ powers are only possible through the technology their minds design. The audience is left with the same excited, anything-is-possible feeling that comes from any good superhero epic.

This movie is a must-see for adults and children alike. The witty humor and heartfelt story work hand-in-hand to create a thoroughly entertaining experience. No audience will leave disappointed.

French_Gold SILVER, Waynesville, Georgia

There's plenty of sense in nonsense, if you wish to look for it.
-Cassandra Clare

I first saw the trailer for Big Hero 6 on YouTube and thought marshmallow man. But in all seriousness, this was an instant hit. It was easy to connect with and the animation was spectacular. And I still get a laugh out of Baymax and Hiro's fist bump scenes.