Kung Fu Panda | Teen Ink

Kung Fu Panda

December 12, 2008
By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
1044 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Kung Fu Panda is a hilarious animated movie with a cartoonish feeling that is only magnified by its directors John Stevenson and Mark Osborne. The film follows the journey of one Panda named Po (Jack Black) who is destined to be the Dragon Warrior. Po however, has never studied martial arts in his life. Along the way The Furious Five: Tigress (Angelina Jolie), Viper (Lucy Lui), Mantis (Seth Rogen), Crane (David Cross), Monkey (Jackie Chan), and Master Shifu (Dustin Hoffman) must help Po succeed in defeating Tai Lung (Ian McShane). So he can ultimately bring peace to all the people in his land.


The movie really brings out the value of helping people when they need you. Even though Po knew that the others were trying to get rid of him, he never gave up on becoming the Dragon Warrior he was destined to be. It also shows that everyone needs to believe in themselves, and you can accomplish anything that you set your mind to. This is symbolized by the Dragon Scroll only being a mirror; it makes Po realize that he is already what he needs to be. All he had to do was look in the mirror. Be your best and believe in yourself, and you have already accomplished a lot.


Altogether the film was wonderful mix of life lessons with humor and just all out fun. The animation all works together very well with the setting corresponding to different times and moods. There isn't a dull moment, and there is always some type of action that is keeping the audience in suspense. The entire movie was a hit for children and adults of all ages. It also showed its diversity with ethnic backgrounds from different places. Kung Fu Panda should definitely be on your must - see list if it isn't already.