Prisoners | Teen Ink

Prisoners

February 19, 2014
By braygatron4 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
braygatron4 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Two families are having a little get together when two of their little daughters have gone missing. The father of one takes the situation to the police, as they attempt to figure out who has kidnapped their daughters. After a few days of the police gaining no ground, the father takes the maters into his own hands. He eventually finds the person who he thinks kidnapped them, and holds him hostage until he tells them where they are. The alleged kidnapper barely ever speaks and is obviously mentally insane, however, the man still tortures him until he speaks. Towards the end of the movie, he finds the girls, but one of them was injected with poison. The father gets shoved into a pit underneath a car, and the other father rushes the dying girl to the hospital. The police began a digging search on the site of the pit to look for the father, but the movie ends before they find him.
For the first 90% of the movie, I loved every second of it. I was on the edge of my seat from the beginning. Every little minute of film time seemed to be suspenseful, and I was scared to even blink, in fear that I would miss the slightest detail. However, once it reached the end, I was let down. The screen goes black before the movie shows if the family or the police ever found the father that worked so hard throughout the entire movie to find the girls. A man who went to extreme lengths to protect his family, and the movie doesn’t even show if he lived. That alone killed the movie for me. The last 10% was a terrible letdown, and I’ll never watch the movie again.