Forest Gump | Teen Ink

Forest Gump

By Abygail SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
Abygail SILVER, Defiance, Ohio

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." -Forest Gump

The 1994 film Forest Gump, a not very smart man appears to always be present at historical events. The main character, Forest, lives with his mother in Greenbow, Alabama where Forest goes to school and college. Forest falls in love with a girl he met on his first day of school named Jenny but she ignores the fact that Forest likes her and she soon runs away to travel the country. When Forest graduates college he enlists in the army where he meets his best friend, Bubba, who dies in a battle. Forest is considered a hero for some of his war acts of kindness and comes home to open up a shrimp business. When Forest’s mother dies he is given her house where soon Jenny comes back to him and they have a son. Jenny falls ill shortly after Forest and her get married and dies. Forest is left to take care of his son on his own then. I feel this is a very good movie and especially like how the movie goes through several historical events. Forest Gump gives correct facts about these historical events and puts a fun twist on learning these events. This movie should be showed in all schools due to its fun way of displaying these events.