The Pursuit of Happyness | Teen Ink

The Pursuit of Happyness MAG

By Anonymous

     “The Pursuit of Happyness” takes you on a ride like never before - not an amusement park ride, but an emotional ride. Will Smith and his son Jaden Smith star in this heartfelt story based on the real-life experiences of Chris Gardner. It shows the bond between father and son as they struggle to find a missing part of their lives in a whirlwind of events influenced by the dream to succeed, but with the reality of financial problems.

The film moves along but sometimes gets depressing as Gardner struggles to find financial stability for his son. Unfortunately all you can do is sit back and root for him. Every time you are confident about one turn of events, another twist is added.

The emotional and physical connection between the stars is what glues people to the edges of their chairs. The film highlights the meaning of happiness, something that people often take for granted, not realizing that so many around the world are still searching for it. It shows that dreams can come true even when the odds are against you, that family is the strongest thing you have, and that forgiveness is what can hold you together.

Although this movie is, at times, a tearjerker, in the end you feel you have learned something. Based on these characters and what they’ve been through, you can set your heart and mind to something and accomplish it. After all, it is a true story.