S.W.A.T. | Teen Ink

S.W.A.T.

This was a fantastic movie and I would recommend it to anyone. It creates a completely different perspective about what the S.W.A.T. team does from what most people think. Most people would think that all they do is break in places and catch bad people, but that’s not what they do. It takes great skill, timing, training and perfection. When someone doesn’t follow orders that they are given, something can go seriously wrong. In the movie, one of the entry men ignores taking orders during a bank robbery with hostages. The consequences were difficult because he lost his favorite position. He learns not to give up and finally gets back to doing what he likes the most. He has to learn how to take orders from a new boss. This new SWAT boss decides to get rid of many on the old SWAT team, because he wants to personally pick the best possible people to create the new team. The new team has to learn how to work together and trust each other. Right away, the new SWAT team has a challenge. There is a convict being transferred to a different prison and he offers one million dollars to anyone who would help him escape. Some of the previous SWAT members that had been fired decide to take advantage of the opportunity. The plan was that once the ex-SWAT team members got a hold of this convict all they had to do was get him on a plane and back to his home town in order to receive the million dollars. So the new SWAT team was going after the ex-SWAT team members. Through the whole movie, the SWAT team was trying to catch up with the suspects but they were always one step ahead. The police chief told the team to step down, concerned that they would do something they would regret. But the SWAT team believed in themselves and kept trying to stop the convicts escape. They got a lead and figured out that they were being tricked. They learned the suspects were going to get on a private plane that would land on a bridge, closed due to construction. The SWAT team was able to catch them in time and captured the ex-SWAT team members and convict. All of the hostages were rescued safely. They had proven the chief wrong, because they did what they felt was the right thing to do. The entry man, who had to learn from the new SWAT boss, ended up chasing down one of the suspects which happened to be one of his old SWAT team members and friend. He ended up killing him in a fight down by the train tracks. The suspense of this movie kept you on the edge of your seat the entire time. The SWAT team knew they were at a disadvantage because the suspects had experience on their side as well. There were times that the movie got confusing and even maybe a bit unbelievable. But I thought it was one of the best movies that I have ever seen.