The Lion King | Teen Ink

The Lion King

By Aerobeast SILVER, W Harrison, Indiana
Aerobeast SILVER, W Harrison, Indiana

The Lion King was first released in the year 1994. It was a huge hit when it first came to theaters. Now, seventeen years later, it has been re-released. The Lion King is about a lion named Simba, who is played by Jonathan Taylor Thomas as the young Simba and Matthew Broderick as the adult Simba. Simba is the prince of the Pridelands and King Mufassa’s, played by James Earl Jones, heir. With Simba next in line to be king, Scar, played by Jeremy Irons, is now second in line. Scar is not all too happy about this and devises a plan to kill Mufassa and Simba.

The movie has a very good and well developed storyline. The writers, editors, and other developers made sure that the storyline was never lost throughout the film. Another positive thing was that the backround music enhanced the overall effects of the scenes. Emotional parts were intensified by the music and helped bring the movie together. Some of the characters were very easy to connect to. People could find at least one character that they seem to relate to in one way or the other.

Some flaws were that during the songs some of the lyrics were hard to understand. Some of the words were unclear and seemed to run together. Unless you looked up the lyrics to the songs, you had no idea what some of the words were. Also with the 3D glasses on the color was somewhat dulled. The color is more vivid when watched in its original format. There were a few characters that seemed undeveloped fully. Simba’s mother, Sarabi, did not have that big of a part in the film. As the mother of the Prince and Queen of the King there should have been more scenes with Sarabi.

I personally enjoyed The Lion King as a whole. Aside from the unclear lyrics and dulled color, I loved every single aspect of the movie. I believe it has a great lesson to teach all of its viewers, young and old. People are able to take what is put in the movie and can apply it to their own lives. In my opinion, The Lion King is one of the best animated films Disney has ever produced.

Brittbyheart SILVER, Yucca Valley, California

No matter what you do in life, in the end, the only person that will take impact is you.

The Lion King is my most fovorite Disney movie of all time! I can never get enough of it, and you did a great job describing it.

jazzerlover BRONZE, Keeseville, New York

Maxwell Smart: I think it's only fair to warn you, this facility is surrounded by a highly trained team of 130 Black Op Snipers.
Siegfried: I don't believe you.
Maxwell Smart: Would you believe two dozen Delta Force Commandos?
Siegfried: No.
Maxwell Smart: How about Chuck Norris with a BB gun?

I so agree with you, this is the best movie around.