New Moon | Teen Ink

New Moon

July 14, 2011
By princeofsparx DIAMOND, Manhattan, New York
princeofsparx DIAMOND, Manhattan, New York
57 articles 8 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Those who reach for the stars should never forget the flowers that bloom at their feet.


When Twilight first came out, I was one of those people who had no idea what the movie was about. I knew that the movie was based around a popular book series, but it looked too clique for me to actually like. One day, I went to the theater in hopes to see Bolt, but saw Twilight instead due to conflicting movie times. I surprisingly ended up loving the movie and everything about it. The topic of forbidden love hit a deep chord in my body, giving me chills in places I never thought I would experience before. The fact that the plot was based around vampires and werewolves made the experience forever more magical. When New Moon was planned for release, I pre-ordered tickets for the first day of its release.

In the second installation of the Twilight Saga: New Moon, Bella and Edward are finally together with their differences put aside. When Bella's 18th birthday party takes an ill turn, Edward forces himself to leave the one he's always loved in fear that his family's presence will hurt Bella, or better yet kill her. Before he leaves, he begs her not to do anything dangerous while he's gone. Bella is absolutely heartbroken by his leave and once again, closes her shell that Edward had once attempted to open. Taking comfort in Jacob, a werewolf who had befriended Bella when she first moved to the town, Bella begins to develop feelings for him. Bella begins to fall in love with Jacob until Edward's sister Alice comes. Alice warns Bella that because Edward believes that she is dead, he is going to the Venturi, a powerful vampire family to get himself killed. Alice and Bella race against time as they try to stop Edward from killing himself. Jacob tries to stop Bella from going, reminding her that once she is back with the vampires, he is no longer able to protect her. He realizes that his bond with Bella was not as close as he thought when Bella makes it clear to him that she will always choose Edward, no matter what happens. Jacob is heartbroken and runs away, only wanting Bella to love him as she did Edward. If Edward is saved in the end remains a mystery as you moviegoers will have to go watch the movie for yourself to find out. Overall, I enjoyed the sequel a lot because it reminded me of love, friendship, loyalty and much more. The movie brought me back to my past, back to the small issues that we never looked back on. As each scene progresses, the characters develop complex relationships with each other and the whole series almost becomes interrelated. In the first movie, I think that everyone was probably team Edward. Watching the sequel and seeing how Bella and Jacob's relationship has grown, I think that most fans are probably now caught between which team to root for. I know that I definitely was. It's honest and action-packed, but also provides a jumble of emotions for those of us with soft hearts. This movie had everything from the short quirky lines that make us laugh to the innocent somber scenes that make us teary-eyed. I definitely recommend everyone to go see New Moon.