300: Prepare for Glory | Teen Ink

300: Prepare for Glory

300, “Prepare for glory”

When “300” came out during the spring of ‘07’ I wasn’t very interested in watching it. My sister told me how great of a movie it was but we have totally different taste so I was a little skeptical about going to see it. Finally about three weeks after its release I went to see “300” with my best friend and I fell in love. Literally I love that movie, from the unbelievable characters Gerard Butler, Rodrigo Santoro, and David Wenham, the quality of the film all the way to the message and them of the movie.
“300” was directed by Zack Snyder and Kurt Johnstad, two amazing directors who had a special vision for this movie. They added special effects and graphics to enhance the thrill of this epic movie which I thought was great. The movie won 3 awards and 10 nominations. Despite all the flashiness and notoriety of the “300” I was most interested in the actual story and the way it affected me.
The main character Leonidas who is the king of Sparta declares war on the Persians by killing their messenger after he disrespects the Spartans. That’s how it all begins. King Leonidas gets together an army of “300” men to fight against over 1,000 different armies of Persians. Seems like a losing battle right? Wrong! The Spartans weren’t slaves, they didn’t fight to glorify some king but instead they were free men who fought simply for the respect and the love of their country Sparta.
“300” was an excellent movie. It demonstrates the epitome of loyalty and defines the meaning of a true man. I honestly recommend that everyone watch this movie because it will truly motivate you.