300 | Teen Ink

300

300

300 is an action movie based on Battle of Thermopylae, where 300 Spartans and a couple hundred other Greeks staged a war on several hundred thousand Persians. The movie starred Gerard Butler, Lena Headey, Michael Fassbender, Vincent Regan and Dominic West, and was directed by Zack Snyder.

The movie starts out when the Persians sent a messenger to Sparta to ask for earth and water and if they didn't give them what they wanted they would go to wipe out Sparta. Leonidus refused to give them what they want and kicked the Messenger into what seemed to be a never ending pit. After this Leonidus went up and asked the council if he could send out troops to stop the Persian army but the council told him he couldn't. The next morning Leonidus told the people he was going out for a walk, with 300 Spartans at his side. They went off to block a narrow path so they didn't have to face the whole Persian army in bulk.

The Theme of the movie was that no matter how bad the odds are against you, you shouldn't give up or back down from a fight.