Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street | Teen Ink

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

February 15, 2008
By Anonymous

I would like to begin by saying that Sweeney Todd is the best movie by far that Tim Burton has directed. I fell in love with it completely after seeing Johnny Depp play the role of Sweeney Todd and Helena Bonham Carter play the role of Mrs. Lovett, but above them all was The Great Judge Turpin played by Alan Rickman or also known as Severus Snape from Harry Potter. I loved everyone, all were great and the best part about the whole movie was that the music was dead on perfect. Even though Helena Carter can never beat the great voice of Angela Lansbury, she did a wonderful job. The scenery was just lovely as well. I just love the fact that it took place in the Victorian Age of England, how the dark setting made it more dark like it's supposed too. Moving back towards the music, just the thought of not having Danny Elfman do te score saddens me, but the fact that Stephen Sondheim did it made it even better, because he had written the original musical and all he had to do was put it to match movie format, which I beleive worked out wonderfully. I can't leave out Pirelli, Tobi, and Beadle, we all need to give them credit as well. I have heard people complain about how young tobi is supposed to be or how old and all I need to say is people, Tobi is the perfect age. I must congradulate Pirelli for hitting that Soprano note that even the best Singers couldn't hit, great job. Beadle great job on showing Antoni whose boss... I'm sorry people, but I didn't really like Antoni or Johanna, they just didn't give it enough effort to interest me in them at all. Out of the whole movie watching experience I'd have to say that my favorite Character would have to be Pirelli, for his great achievement in defying all logical pitch of that males vocal range. YOU ROCK! 5 out of 5 stars!