Superbad | Teen Ink

Superbad

By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey

Superbad is a movie about two best friends as they live through the last few weeks of high school. The best friends, Seth and Evan, do their best to try to impress their crushes, and when Seth gets invited to a gigantic party from an attractive popular girl, he seizes the opportunity and invites Evan to the party, along with their nerdy friend. Although they don't want to invite their dorky friend at first, when the best friends are informed that he's going to get a fake identity, all of them realize that they have an opportunity to impress the girls at the party by buying alcohol for them. 
 However, things get complicated when Evan and Seth believe that their friend got arrested trying to buy the alcohol, because he's underage, but it's all a misunderstanding. The nerdy kid eventually meets two incompetent police officers, who are determined to show the kid a great time and impress him. Evan and Seth runaway before their friend can explain what happened, so they end up going on a crazy adventure in an attempt to go get some alcohol, which is just a masterplan to get their crushes to like them before they go off to college. 

Meanwhile, Evan and Seth must deal with the fact that there's only two weeks remaining in high school, and after the summer, they will be parting ways and going to different colleges. Evan will be going off to Dartmouth, along with their other friend, and Evan feels like he's being left behind. The best friends realize that this might be their last good run with each other, and this is constantly in the duo's consciousness. 
 The movie is hilarious, and the plot doesn't have any faults. The ending of the movie ties up all of the loose knots and ends everything on a light tone. Although there are a few moments that feel slightly dragged out, most of the movie is heartfelt and relatable. As great as the movie is, it definitely isn't for everyone. There are lots of inappropriate scenes that are definitely too much for some and help to make this movie not recommended for families. The cast of the movie is superb and helps to shape the outcome of this exciting, entertaining movie. This is one of the better comedies of all time and is certain to surprise people, for better or worse, but it is a good fit for high schoolers. For the right age group, Superbad lives up to expectations and then some.

For the right age group, Superbad lives up to expectations and then some.