The Lego Ninjago Movie | Teen Ink

The Lego Ninjago Movie

By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey

The Lego Ninjago Movie is a fun movie that is action-packed, meaningful and helps to show how difficult life can be for teenagers through legos. Ninjago is a busy city filled with people of all sorts of kinds. However, the city must deal with an evil conqueror named Garmadon, and Garmadon wants to destroy Ninjago and burn to ashes. The only people standing in between the Ninjago and Garmadon are six ninjas: a fire ninja, an earth ninja, a water ninja, a water ninja, an ice ninja, and a green ninja. Together, they are trained by Master Wu to help find their inner power to help save their beloved city. However, the green ninja, Lloyd, is the son of Garmadon, and Lloyd is forced to fight his father that was never there for him. Father must go against son, and the epic battle showcases tests between the secret ninjas and forces them to be pushed to the limit and unlock the power of Spinjitzu, which allows the ninjas to use special powers. 
 The idea that the entire movie is a story being told by Jackie Chan is fitting, brilliant, and helps to make the movie feel more like a lesson that teaches valuable skills. Garmadon is fun, entertaining, wise-cracking and helps to make the movie enjoyable and light-hearted. Dave Franco is a perfect voice for the green ninja, and Jackie Chan is also a perfect voice for Master Wu. The ending of the movie is slightly predictable, but it is also heart-warming and is a good ending for the age group that this movie targets. In fact, the movie is surprisingly heart-warming throughout and actually has real life lessons. The movie also shows themes revolving around fathers and sons, which can be all too relatable. Although this movie received a mediocre 55% from Rotten Tomatoes, The Lego Ninjago Movie received a high 88% from Google users and is an entertaining, must-see movie for people of all ages. 

The Lego Ninjago Movie is a fun, exciting, entertaining, must-see movie for anyone and everyone. 

Dani_Higareda PLATINUM, Hanahan, South Carolina

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
- Winnie the Pooh

Great review! I can watch this movie over and over again and never get tired- this is how much I love it!