The Pacifier | Teen Ink

The Pacifier

July 14, 2018
By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
678 articles 0 photos 8 comments

 The Pacifier is a movie starring Vin Diesel as a top-notch Navy SEAL named Shane Wolfe. Shane is basically the best there is, and he's prepared for anything and everything thrown his way-at least that's what he thought until he was confronted with a new challenge. Wolfe was sent to keep a scientist named Howard Plummer safe, but he fails. Shane has one shot to redeem himself when he's assigned to protect the scientist's family safe. The Navy SEAL must take care of five kids and a pet duck, and this might prove to be his biggest challenge yet. 
 Although other sources didn't give this movie the highest of reviews, this moves proves to be heartwarming at times, hilarious at others, and it is an enjoyable movie. The greatest part is seeing Vin Diesel struggle as an average parent, which is ironic in so many different ways. The ending isn't that impressive, but it wasn't horrible. Overall, this movie is able to be fun, but The Pacifier is by no means an intensely serious movie. 


The author's comments:

Vin Diesel as a sppy turned typical parent is hilarious from start to finish.