The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1) by Rick Riordan | Teen Ink

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1) by Rick Riordan

By meeshstfu SILVER, West Windsor, New Jersey
meeshstfu SILVER, West Windsor, New Jersey

“In the next world, I want to be something useful.
Like a staple gun. Or in love.”
- Bradley Trumpfheller

" I don't know what my mom will do. I just know I'll fight next to you... because you are my friend, Seaweed Brain."
-Annabeth Chase, daughter of Athena

Read again, my brain said. We're reading my eyes insisted, it's really that great! I just can't find the right words to describe how epic this book is!! I found it so gripping and captivating as if I were a part of this quest and all of it was happening to me! I don’t know what’s better the fact that it’s got everything you’d ever expect to read in fantasy or that I doubt if I can ever come across an adventure far better than this! Although I do regret seeing the movie first which sort of ruined my curiosity.

It's a breath taking and a mind blowing ride from New York to Camp Half Blood and then all the way from the deathening Underworld to the majestic Olympus. It's to find the stolen master bolt before the Summer Solstice so that the world isn't destroyed when there's is World War 3 among the Gods; turning against each other -Zeus Vs Poseidon and others taking sides that three young heroes- two demigods - Percy and Annabeth and a satyr- Grover light up on a grand adventure where monsters await every three feet and a battle awaits with Ares,the God of War himself!

I loved this world and Percy's character although there 's something special about Annabeth and Grover that makes me love them even more. They volunteered for a quest where they had a clear chance of risking their lives. They had been with Percy through so much (with emphasis on so and much). They were even ready to sacrifice their lives to save Percy's mom.The three of them  had spent thousands of miles together doing nothing but saving each other over and over.

Like I said, EPIC.

"There was a different light in his eyes, a fiery kind of a pride. ' You did well Perseus... Whatever else you do, know that you are mine.You are a true son of the Sea God.'"
- Poseidon, the Sea God

Like a staple gun. Or in love.”
- Bradley Trumpfheller

I know, right? It’s epic and incredible. Couldn’t agree more!

AsenathRose GOLD, Chesapeake Beach, Maryland

"Let me be that I am and seek not to alter me,"--Shakespeare

I will never understand why I like this book so much