Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon | Teen Ink

Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon

By deanda.isabel28 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
deanda.isabel28 BRONZE, Sacramento, California

The author of, Everything Everything, is  Nicola Yoon. This is the first novel she wrote. She has gotten the following awards; Goodreads Choice Awards Best Debut Goodreads Author (2015), Goodreads Choice awards Best young adult Fiction (2015 and 2016), National Book Award for young People’s Literature (2016).

“My disease is as rare as it is famous.”- Madeline. Everything Everything is narrated by a teenage girl named Madeline being raised by a single mother and a house maid named Carla. Madelines mom raised her and watched over her disease, “ Bubble Baby Disease” (causing her to be allergic to almost everything) .She has always accepted her life and was never really interested in what was in the outside world. That is at least until she gets new neighbors a mom, dad, a daughter and their son Olly (her boyfriend). Olly being Madeline's first Boyfriend causes her to change like any ordinary teenage girl. He also causes her to fall hard for him. What are they willing to do to be together with her situation and all ?

I highly recommend this book to people who like to read young adult fiction and romance.  If you like to read about forbidden love and how the couple gets past the reality of it all, this is the book for you.