Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson | Teen Ink

Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson MAG

By adhanda BRONZE, Neshanic Station, New Jersey
adhanda BRONZE, Neshanic Station, New Jersey

If you’re looking for a book laced with suspense, thrills, and far-out sarcasm, read Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson.

Sixteen-year-old Tandy finds her parents dead. Her three brothers and she are called suspects by the police and the public. We hear Tandy’s thoughts and feelings, which gives an interesting twist on how we perceive the events. The siblings question each other, losing each other’s trust and accidentally uncovering secrets from their parents’ past. Were their parents really who they seemed to be? What were they hiding?

This book has multiple aspects to like and dislike. I found the plot somewhat slow. Some parts were dragged out, almost as though to make the book longer. There was a lot of detail, which in most cases was great, but at times it was too much. Except for that, the book is good, especially due to its very high suspense level.

I was always surprised with what was happening, and the flow of events left me dying to discover more. I could never predict what would happen next. I also loved that the story was told from Tandy’s point of view, letting us into her mind. There were parts called Confessions that were like journal entries to give us background information to understand the plot better.

Overall this book was amazing, but there could have been minor changes to make it even better.

by Ansh Dhanda, Neshanic Station, NJ