City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare | Teen Ink

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

By jasminehe BRONZE, Windsor, Connecticut
jasminehe BRONZE, Windsor, Connecticut

"Don't judge a book by its cover."

The recent book of the Mortal Instruments, City of Heavenly Fire was packed with suspense, and the scenes were excellently described.

City of Heavenly Fire was packed with suspense and awesome scenes just like the previous books, but in my opinion, I personally loved City of Heavenly Fire. Each chapter left something that you wanted to know and you literally had to keep reading on. The book, of over 700 pages, can literally be finished in one day of less. And believe me, this is not an exaggeration. Out of all the books I have read, I really loved the City of series and this book was even better. No matter how long the book is, it is never boring and it is always keeping off of my seat. The other books were of course AWESOME too but City of Heavenly Fire was a tad-bit better. This book contains literally the best fantasy and sci-fi ever that can be described! The books before were just a little less interesting but of course, like I said, were still really good books.

The suspense in this book is packed. There is so many events happening and small suspense happening that really makes a big difference in the book as a whole. Some examples including once-in-awhile demon fights that Clary and Jace (Main Characters) have to experience. It really adds a special effect because there is this big situation occurring and then suddenly, the chapter ends saying something like “Then, we noticed a demon smell.” I extremely love when the author, Cassandra Clare, does that because it makes me so attracted to the book. It's not like she doesn’t add a demon smell, and then she just continues some bare event happening. That certainly just makes a book so boring.
  Not only is there a lot of suspense, there is also a lot of characters and events. What I mean by this is that one chapter talks about Clary and Jace, then another talks about other characters and what they are doing. This is not the only thing because at the end of each chapter, and I mean EACH, something surprising happens, and you have to read the chapter after the next chapter to see what happens. I really enjoy when the author does that because it is just really tempting to read on!!

This book is so good that I read it every year at least every month, (can be every week) additionally to the current book I read. The book is so good that I can never stop reading it or never put it down. It is like reading this book is a daily routine. It can be easily substituting something like daily chores or daily things to do. The only thing I would say is to maybe print more and really spread this book around the world for more people to enjoy it like me. (Even though there is like more than a million copies sold)

This is a review everyone should read if they don't know what to read.