Touching Spirit Bear | Teen Ink

Touching Spirit Bear

By jennifer14 BRONZE, Coalinga, California
jennifer14 BRONZE, Coalinga, California

In Touching Spirit Bear by Ben Mikaelsen takes place on present day in Minneapolis and Alaska and is about a boy names Cole who has anger issues . In this book Cole cant control his anger and beats up people whenever he gets mad . One day he went to a program called Circle Justice to help him and suggested he goes to an island by himself since he cant handle being around people at that moment . Cole eventually learned how to control his emotions and asked if he can invite a kid he beat up badly named Peter . Peter said he would go but was afraid of Cole and one day Cole and Peter went to a freezing lake and as they were walking back Peter basically tries to fight Cole but Cole didnt make any movement to show Peter hes changed . As they get back to the cabin they both become friends .  The theme of the story is to never let anger get the best of you because it can take over and ruin your days just like it did for Cole

I think this is a really good book and i recomend it to anyone because it has alot of action and it has a really good description .