Beach House by James Paterson | Teen Ink

Beach House by James Paterson

September 5, 2013
By FlyingFree BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia
FlyingFree BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Beach House by James Paterson
A definite must read


The book Beach House was written by James Patterson. He is also the author of The Witch and Wizard. He is largely known for his novel about Alex Cross. A fictional character he made up.

Beach House is a fictional mystery placed in the Hamptons. The main characters are high school friends. The biggest of the main characters is Jack. He is a lawyer working at a law firm for the summer. Jack is a brilliant, smart guy.

During the biggest beach house party of the year. Jack’s brother, Peter, is murdered. Everyone thinks it’s a suicide. It’s up to Jack and a couple of his friends to prove who murdered his brother. If he even was murdered.

It all starts out with description of Peter’s last night alive (parking cars at a luxurious party). Then it goes to Jack’s point-of –view. The book goes on to tell about how Jack and his friends find clues to Peter’s murder. How they are threatened to stop digging in Peter’s death. Later there is a hearing. It ends up going as a committed suicide. But later on they have their own hearing. Will the person who murdered Peter get caught, or was it really a suicide.

I find that this is a must read book. It has plenty of twists and turns on every page. You never know what’s going to happen next. If you like detective mysteries. You must read this. It’s definitely worth 5 stars.